Chapter 4: Communiqué

Pairings: Aaron Hotchner x fem!Reader

Characters: Aaron Hotchner, David Rossi, Derek Morgan, Emily Prentiss, Jennifer "JJ" Jareau

Words: 3K

Chapter Summary: After being particularly uncooperative, the team tries to get you to make a statement on your whereabouts during the murders

Warnings: some angst and sadness, fighting, frustrated Hotch

--

The next morning when you woke up you were dragged again to the interrogation room where someone was already waiting for you.

Expecting it to be Hotch your heart was put to ease, but as soon as you walked in you discovered that wasn't the case. Sitting on the other end of the table, although it was fuzzy, was a man who looked vaguely familiar, you couldn't really place from where at the moment.

His black hair with a few strands of grey here and there was combed back neatly and he had a well-trimmed goatee.

You sat down and Lorraine undid your cuffs and left the room so it was just the two of you. The other man didn't say a word, only looking intensely at you until you raised a brow at him. At least you were expecting some sort of introduction.

"SSA Dave Rossi," he said simply. "I'm with the FBI,"

"Another profiler," you nodded. "Trying to see if I'm psycho?" you joked, only attempting to lighten the mood for yourself.

"Where were you on the days of the murders,"

"You know I have the right to an attorney, can I call him?" you asked.

"He's currently being contacted, now where were you the night of the first murder,"

Morgan, Emily, and JJ were watching the scene unfold in front of them and noticed how immediately closed off you were with Rossi compared to Hotch.

"Maybe try a little harder to gain her trust," Morgan said through his earpiece.

"She knows Hotch, you can use that to your advantage,"

Good for them because you were just about to bring him up.

"Where's Aaron? He said he would be here today," you asked and Rossi shook his head.

"Not here yet, which is why I'm talking to you," he explained. "You've known him a while?" Rossi asked and you nodded. Any information not pertaining to the case you were open to giving. "How long?"

"Since the tenth grade," you said. "First day of the fall semester,"

"You kept in touch after he moved,"

You shook your head. "Not much of a letter writer, plus we were both in law school after we got our bachelors, doubt we would have had time for that,"

Rossi nodded, following your words, studying you carefully.

You were placed quite literally in front of him but you didn't lean away. Your arms rested on the table and you eyed him with the same curiosity he did you.

"What have you told the other people who have interrogated you?' Rossi asked.

"Isn't that in your files?" you asked, tilting your head and moving your hair out of your face.

"I got here late last night, humour me," he shrugged.

"I've only said that I'm not guilty," you said simply. Then you leaned in slightly, looking at him from across the table. "I did not kill those women. I did not kill my best friend. I did not kill my high school teacher and I did not kill my ex-fiance's wife," you said firmly.