Chapter 16: Cherry Blossom

Pairings: Aaron Hotchner x fem!Reader

Characters: Aaron Hotchner, David Rossi, Erin Strauss, Emily Prentiss

Words: 3.5K

Chapter Summary: A few months after moving into the city you prepare yourself for a job interview, meanwhile Aaron has a surprise

Warnings: none :)

--

Two months later

Running through the apartment looking for your earrings you were interrupted by the house phone ringing. With a quiet groan, you grabbed the phone and answered it, putting it up to your ear and continuing your search around the building.

"Hey, Hotch's place, (Y/N) speaking,"

"Do you always answer the phone like that?"

"Aaron! Great, do you know where my earrings are? The dangly ones I wore that night we had dinner with your mom,"

"No how are you? How's work? Hope you're having a nice day?" he quipped and you rolled your eyes.

"My interview's in an hour, come on do you want me to be late and make you look bad?"

"I guess not," he sighed. "Check the medicine cabinet,"

"The medicine cabinet, why would it be in the-," you stopped seeing the box right where he said it would be and you shook your head. "Alright, what do you want, hotshot?"

"Make sure you don't make plans tonight," he said. "I've got a surprise for you when I get back from the office,"

"That is if they don't call you out for a case first," you poked.

"I'll make sure of it,"

"Oh honey, I think that's something you have to pray for," you chuckled, putting him on speaker and putting on your earrings. "But I'm looking forward to it,"

"Good, it'll be fun,"

"Now I'm really excited, fun from the Aaron Hotchner, that's so rare it can stop wars, and cure the sick and-,"

"Alright that's enough I get it, you're the fun one," he chuckled lightly.

"Good we're in agreement," you smiled. "But before I lose you, should I be prepared for anything from this Strauss lady?" you asked.

"The worst!" you could hear Rossi call out in the background and you laughed at his theatrics.

"For once Dave might not be exaggerating," he clarified. "But that could just be me we haven't always had the best relationship but there's still mutual respect,"

"Alright, I'll be sharp and no-nonsense," you nodded.

"That's my girl," he praised and you couldn't help, but be warmed by the sound.

"Okay I gotta run before I'm late, but I'll see you later,"

"Alright, bye,"

"Bye,"

You hung up the phone and grabbed your keys rushing out of the apartment and locking the door behind you before heading over to your car. It may have been for your own convenience but Strauss had organized the interview out of the FBI office in D.C. and not in her office in Quantico. You weren't sure why, but you had a good feeling about the interview. And it was kind of ironic that the job you joked about him getting you was now the one you wanted the most.

Using the law to your advantage was something you had become good at, honing and perfecting your skills in law school and using your free time to read up on various cases, by-laws and court proceedings only helped you. It was an asset. An asset that a law enforcement officer could use, because surprisingly, aside from the name a lot of the time there wasn't much knowledge of the exact letter of the law from those in the practice.