Chapter 1: This Is Why I Left

Pairings: Aaron Hotchner x fem!Reader

Characters: Aaron Hotchner, Derek Morgan, Jennifer "JJ" Jareau, Emily Prentiss, Spencer Reid, Lorraine Barnes (OC), Jeffery Reilly (OC), Liz Hotchner (OC-ish)

Words: 2K

Chapter Summary: The BAU gets a new case, the only catch, it's in Hotch's hometown

Warnings: None :) (okay one swear but that's it)

A/N: This is the first chapter of my very long Hotch series! Honestly, I can't believe I'm finally posting this, it's been lots of non-stop writing and hard work to get it to this point, but I'm excited and ready to share this with you! [This story has been edited, but there are still a few typos here and there so just bear with me :)]

-- 

The past few days at the BAU had been quiet. Too quiet. There was almost always something to do, always a case to look over.

There was the familiar ring of JJ's cellphone, Hotch could hear it from his office and he wondered if it would be a case they could take. A local police department perhaps asking for help.

"Yeah," she said, speaking into the phone, he could see her walking towards his office. "Alright, we'll debrief and get there as soon as possible,"

She hung up her phone just as she walked into his office.

"Hey Hotch, just got a call for a new case, three murders in the past two weeks,"

"Where is it?" Hotch asked, grabbing his phone and preparing to call the chief of whatever police station they were summoned to.

"Manassas, it's forty minutes-,"

"I know," he interrupted. "I know where it is,"

His eyes flicked over to one of the photos on his desk, a family picture, he's not even sure from how long ago, taken by Lake Manassas.

"You do? It's not really the most well-known town in Virginia," she chuckled lightly.

"I..." he shook his head, picking up the frame and staring at it more intently. "I grew up there, elementary through high school. Just go make sure everyone is ready, we'll have to drive there," he explained and JJ nodded, quickly placing the file on his desk and leaving the room.

Hotch grabbed the file and put down the phone, this wasn't a conversation he wished to have through that. At first glance, it seemed standard, until he looked a little closer.

"Shit," he muttered under his breath, standing up and rushing over to the briefing room. "Morgan, Prentiss, everyone I need you in here now," he said firmly.

The team recognized that look in his eyes and made haste to grab the others, dragging them to the room. Hotch was placing the photos on the board when they all sat down around the table.

"Okay, so what do we know?" Morgan asked.

"Three murders have happened over the past two weeks. A high school teacher, and two adults, all-female,"

"The teacher's name is Allison Montgomery, taught English at the main high school. The second victim is Vanessa Smith, married stay at home mother of two, and lastly Caroline Davidson,"

"Wait, Hotch this last one doesn't have identification yet, didn't it just come in?" Emily spoke up and the rest looked just as confused as her.

Hotch licked his bottom lip and pressed them in a thin line, holding onto the back of one of the chairs.