Chapter 12: Follow Me Home

Pairings: Aaron Hotchner x fem!Reader

Characters: Aaron Hotchner, Derek Morgan, Emily Prentiss, David Rossi, Spencer Reid, Penelope Garcia, Jennifer "JJ" Jareau, Jeffery Reilly (OC), O'Connor (OC)

Words: 4K

Chapter Summary: While the team looks for the unsub you find yourself in considerable danger

Warnings: descriptions of crime scenes, fighting, angst, swearing?

--

Aaron walked into the police station at eight on the dot and headed straight for the coffee pot.

"Long night?" Morgan asked, coming by and grabbing a mug of his own.

"Yeah," he nodded. "No sleep,"

"I thought that was the Hotch standard?" Emily came in a classic joking fashion.

Aaron was about to retort, but he didn't have a chance before Rossi jumped in.

"It is, haven't you seen the way he hides away from the sun? It's because he'll disintegrate if he lets it hit him,"

Aaron shook his head and sipped deeply from his cup of coffee.

"Oo, what is that? Looks good," Reid asked after walking up towards them.

"Blood apparently," Aaron responded with raised brows, two could play at that game.

"So what's the plan, Hotch? Are we ready to deliver a profile?" Morgan asked.

"Not yet," the Unit Chief shook his head, "I want to go over all the details one last time, get everything up to date and make sure we're all on the same page before giving the officers any information, we need to make sure it's right the first time,"

The team nodded and grabbed their morning drinks before heading into the conference room, to debrief together.

"Morgan can you get Garcia on the line for this, she might have some input for us,"

The agent nodded and he pulled out his phone, dialling her number and greeting her with,

"Hey baby girl, you're on speaker, the whole team's here we're just going through all the case details,"

"If you have anything to add that we may have missed, jump in," Aaron instructed.

"You got it, boss,"

"The first victim on record is Nathan Preston," JJ started. Emily went next,

"The unsub clearly had some stressor that prompted the first attack and then afterwards he just couldn't stop,"

"From what (Y/N) told Reid and I Nathan was verbally abusive, bordering on physically and it took her a while to get out of the relationship, maybe the unsub's stressor was simply Nathan being in town, or in a place where she had to interact with him," Rossi added.

Hotch felt his grip on his mug tighten, but he tried to make sure it didn't show.

"Next was Allison Montgomery about a week and a half later," Reid said, glancing at the files. "It was around the time she made a stop at the firm (Y/N) worked at to try and get a lawyer to help her sue someone who had damaged her car,"

"I spoke with (Y/N) about that," Emily interjected. "She said she remembered Allison's apology but only after I mentioned it, that was prior to her second blackout,"

"And still no word on those blood tests?" Aaron added, looking over at JJ and she pursed her lips and shook her head.

"Vanessa Smith was the third victim, she came by to have lunch with (Y/N) and our fourth victim, Caroline Davidson," Morgan read from his notes.