Chapter 18

(Warning: Grammatical errors)

A week later...

*Ding dong*

The doorbell chimed at Taehyung’s house, Taehyung was busying dressed up himself because he was going somewhere with someone. But the sudden chimed halted his peaceful time. He wondered who came this early? Taehyung rushed downstairs to open the door as it revealed the man he despised.

“What are you doing here Jungkook?” He leaned the door frame with confusion plastered on his face. “Are you here for me? Or the treatment?” He noticed Jungkook was holding a bouquet in his hands.

“Umm, I wanted to meet you...” Jungkook sputtered. Taehyung sighed while rolling his eyes.

“Seriously? Jungkook what do you want from me?”

“I want to apologise for everything I had done to you. My actions had crossed the lines and I should not hurt you in the first place. I am sorry for replacing you with your sister, I should reconsider your feelings but I refused to acknowledge it. My disorder should not be an excuse to harm you. I am sorry Taehyung. I am f*cking sorry...”

Taehyung was stunned when he heard Jungkook apologised to him for the first time, he hoped Jungkook learn from his mistakes after everything he had done to him. Yes, his past was painful and angst. But Jungkook was suffering too before he met him. Both of them came from a broken families, therefore we could not blame them for that, what Jungkook did was wrong. From Jungkook's point of view, he regretted everything he had done to Taehyung, sometimes he wished to turn back time to fix his relationship with Taehyung.

“I forgive you Jungkook. Remember I told you about it?” Taehyung smiled at him. Gosh, Taehyung was truly an angel.

“No, you should not forgive me! I was an a*shole last week because I don't know how to react when you told me the truth...I should act better but I didn't.” Jungkook sniffed as he was trying to hold back his tears.

“It's fine Jungkook...”

Jungkook immediately lent the boutique to Taehyung, it was a sign of apology. “Here are white peonies...”

Peony is commonly known as a symbol of beauty, white peonies also represent shame. Because of this, they make a great gift if you want to sincerely apologize, ask for forgiveness from someone for something you did, or simply express, “I messed up.”

“Thank you Jungkook...” Taehyung took the flower gently from Jungkook's grasp.

“You are welcome,” Jungkook formed a smile on his face.

“Well, I have to get ready now. I have to meet someone.” Taehyung informed him.

“Ah okay, sorry. Who is it by the way?” Jungkook was being an inquisitive person.

“Oh, I have to meet Bogum, Jimin and his boyfriends...”

“So Yoongi will be there too?”

“Yup.” He popped the letter 'p' from his mouth.

“Okay then, I should get going.” Jungkook bid him goodbye, but Taehyung caught a glimpse of how his smile suddenly faded. However, Taehyung should not mind about him. Now, it's time for him to love himself and also had fun with his friends.

“Taehyung here!” Jimin called him from the corner of the restaurant area. There was Jimin who was sitting between Yoongi and Hoseok. Bogum reserved a seat for Taehyung beside him.

“Taehyung you should sit here beside me.” Bogum shyly uttered, he was still nervous to confront Taehyung after many years of knowing him.

“Thanks, Bogum.” Taehyung thanked him while sitting beside him. They began to order foods to eat for lunch as they chatted about their past stuff during university's year, Taehyung could not stop laughing when he listened to their embarrassing stories. Bogum beamed when he saw how cheerful Taehyung was, he sighed in relief.

“You know guys, Jungkook visited me this morning.” Taehyung notified them while eating his lunch. The atmosphere abruptly changed into gloominess, Yoongi cleared his throat, J-hope choked on his drink while Jimin tapped his back gently as for Bogum, he froze for a moment.

“It's nothing guys, he visited me to apologise.” Taehyung laughed off, he tried to brighten the situation.

“But why in the morning?” Jimin asked.

“I don't know,” Taehyung responded to his question.

“Anyways, let's not talk about him,” J-hope suggested as they all nodded in return. They were back with the topic that they were talking about as they all laughed loudly till Taehyung choked on his food. Bogum helped him by giving him a glass of water, Taehyung hastily took it and chugged the water. He sputtered the drink on Bogum when it could not fit into his mouth, Jimin, Yoongi and Hoseok were laughing their a*s off when they saw the scene. Taehyung immediately gave him loads of tissues to wipe those wet places.

“I am sorry!”

“It's fine Tae.” Bogum chuckled.

The lunch was hella chaotic.

Finally, everything was alright.

Nonetheless, they did not notice someone was watching them from afar. He was smiling bitterly or positively when he saw how happy were they. But it was okay, he deserved to be omitted from them. He knew he had hurt Taehyung badly as he had the right to abandon Jungkook. He pulled his suitcase, to leave this place to focus on himself even more like how Taehyung did to himself. Before he left everything behind, he visited Taehee's cremated—told her everything he had done to her twin and hoped she could forgive him.

He broke into tears when he told her about his horrible actions towards Taehyung. Jungkook did love her, he was happy when he was with her and also when he was in a relationship with Taehyung. Both twins made him optimistic, Jungkook was grateful for it. Unexpectedly, his phone rang, Jungkook looked at the ID's name and picked up the call.

“Hey, Jungkook! Are you ready for your first treatment?” The pleased voice coming from the other side.

“I am ready, Jin-hyung.” Jungkook gleamed.

The end.

(A/N: By the way, Jungkook was anagapesis; the feeling of not loving someone or something once loved. Yes he did love Taehyung but he fell out of love, so he could not love him anymore or feeling any romance for him once again. I apologised for the ending but it was a happy ending for both sides! Thank you for reading! This is my last Taekook story! I will not write about them anymore. Thank you for supporting me and I love you guys so much!)