52 | Aubz, and a Beatdown

Nova

I was sitting with my mom in the living room, when we heard knocking on the door. At this point I actually sort of had friends, so I had hoped that Hailey or someone who was sent home yesterday decided to stay home. I joyously skipped to the door and opened without even checking who it was.

"Aubrey?" I asked, surprised. Although I honestly shouldn't have been surprised.

A pretty brown haired lady stood next to Aubrey, which made her dyed blonde hair stick out that much more. "Hello" the brown hair lady said, sticking out her hand to greet me. "I'm Aubrey's mom, can I speak to your mom?"

"Right here" my mom said as she got up and walked over to the door. "Who are you?"

"That's Aubrey, remember?" I asked my mom, who once scolded Aubrey for that shit she pulled with Jason a long time ago. My mom mad a face then gasped, "oh!" she said aloud, "I remember that girl! She attempted to damage my property."

"She did what?" Aubrey's mom asked, and Aubrey made a face. "It's old news!" I quickly said, "no worries. Anyways, what brings you two lovely ladies here today?" Aubrey's mom smiled, "this."

My eyes went wide when I saw that the thing Aubrey's mom was holding, was the most recent Norwood Newsletter. "What's that?" my mom asked, grabbing the newspaper from Aubrey's mom's hand, and I went into full panic mode.

"My daughter wanted me to try to gather all the parents of the kids involved, or Nova at least, so we can go to the Orlando school department" Aubrey's mom said. "Another girl in Aubrey and Nova's grade has been spreading crazy rumors about these two and their friends, and it's gotten so bad to the point that my daughter is starting to avoid school."

"Is that why you chose to stay home today?" my mom asked, and I quickly shook my head. "What?" I asked, "no! Those are just silly rumors, who cares about them?" My mom wasn't phased by my efforts, "come inside" she said to Aubrey and her mom, "let's talk about this. This is serious."

"Oh my gosh!" I exclaimed, sounding like I had some sort of revelation, "I totally forgot Aubrey, I had something in my room that I needed to show you." Aubrey nodded and we scurried like mice to my room, before either of our moms could say anything.

"What do you wanna show me?" Aubrey asked once we got to my room, and I gave her the most serious look I could've possibly made. "What on earth could've possibly possessed you to tell your mom about that?" I asked, putting my hands on my head. "My mom would probably freak out if she heard I kissed a boy, let alone have an alleged hook up buddy that just so happens to be a female!"

"Calm down" Aubrey said, putting her hand on my shoulder. "As far as your mom is concerned, it's just a silly rumor." I shook my head, "I'd rather she just not know" I said, as I heard a door being closed.

"What was that?" Aubrey asked as she walked to my window, with me following. There we saw both Aubrey's mom and my mom hopping in what I assume was Aubrey's mom's car.

"Call your mom and ask her where she's going!" I demanded, and Aubrey did as was told right away, which I wasn't expecting.

Aubrey's Mom

"Aubrey is calling me" I said to Nova's mother, who said that I could call her Nani, "let me answer."

"Hell0" I said, "what's up sweetie?"

"Where did you guys go?" Aubrey asked, "we were looking for you."

"We're on our way to the school. We wanna talk to the principle."

Aubrey

Nova got wide eyed. "Hang up" she mouthed.

"Okay, cool, bye!"