☂Oneshot: Endless Rain☂

{Co-admin message: Holy fu— this mother is long. That is because I (apparently) was supposed to publish one half of this oneshot on the last issue and post the other half on this one. But of course I didn’t, so now it’s super long, I’m sorry. However do not be discouraged by the length; for it’s a very good oneshot!}

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By @Nakiami

Seven years have passed since that day… The day that I lost the place I belonged for the second time. There have been many times that I have wondered how my life would have turned out if things would have just remained like that. I wonder how you are. Although so many years have passed by, I want you to know that I haven't forgotten. There is no way I could possibly forget you and that pair of wonderful chocolate brown eyes, that mirrored your every single thought and your every single ideal.

Back when I was a newcomer to their little group, I had a hard time facing my true feelings. Things happened so fast that I wasn't really given the chance to get accustomed to my new lifestyle or the fact that I could no longer be able to see my family.

I belonged to the head family of the powerful clan known as The Kai clan. It was a peaceful, united clan which held pride in its strength and its abilities. But someone close to the head of the clan, my father, started a riot believing that he was more than capable of replacing my father, and therefore became the one to exercise control over us.

Tragic events followed after this, as I watched my family get wiped out one by one without even knowing what to do. My mother sacrificed herself, telling me to run at very end—doing what she felt was right. She wanted to save her precious remaining child. That's right, I also had a brother but that man had abducted him and the only thing that we were told was that he was cruelly tortured to death.

Thus, I ended up "shutting off" those very feelings and did my best to ignore the pain as much as I could. I wanted a fresh start and I thought that I shouldn't stay like this forever, dwelling into the past—trapped alone. But the more I avoided those feelings, the more I felt like I would never be able to escape.

The first month I started living with Konan and Yahiko, I caught a cold and resulted having Yahiko babysitting me. Even to this day, I remember everything about it crystal clear.

"Shhh, I was left here to take care of you while Konan is looking for food. All you have to do is let me do so," Yahiko whispered gently, signaling me to stop refusing to rest, his eyes full of concern and a smile which could successfully take your breath away in a blink of an eye.

"Geez, fine."

After a small pause, Yahiko began speaking once again.

"I've been meaning to tell you but it's not good for you, you know."

"What is not good for me?"

"You know, don't you?"

"What are you saying Yahiko? I'm okay."

"No you're no-"

"I said I'm fine!"

"Are you? Then what's with this face?"

"None of your business."

"Yes it is! Both Konan and I are worried for you; you can't keep going like this! You have to stop pressuring yourself like this!"

"It's okay for you to cry, to hate, to despise the ones that caused you all this misery.  No one is forcing you to get over it so quickly! You just have to take it slow, take as much time to recover as needed!"