☯Advice: School Stress.☯

Hello all! I'm Grace, or superfangirl13, one of the new in charge of Advice Columnist! Nice to meet all of you! *bows 90 degrees* I hope you all find something useful in here! ^^

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question: How do I deal with school stress?

Okay, this is something I personally struggle with all the time. Every time I get home, sit down, and do my homework, I constantly feel stress. Although there isn't really a way to cure school stress, you can cope with it. Here are some ways to do so:

1. Sleep.

Getting enough sleep is extremely important for your body to re-energize. Also, take some time to tune out the busy world around you and get away. Don't mistake this for procrastination (because that only adds more stress). This is just saying to take time for self-care.

2. Taking one baby step at a time.

This is something I struggle with. At the very start of my homework, I always feel the dread of doing so much work. However, once I take that first baby step, I find myself closer to the finish line than before I started. Taking that first step is always that hardest for me, and possibly everyone else. You just gotta suck it up and take that step, and then another, and another, and another, and another, until you step over the finish line. At this point, you don't have to worry about it anymore.

3. Lower your goals.

No, don't be a slacker. According to Stiffelman, following the truism, "Lower your goals, you'll achieve more," can help to relieve stress and boost academic success. So, instead of aiming for being the top student in your class, aim for a grade that you would be satisfied with.

4. Stay balanced during exam periods.

A person cannot stay focused 24 hours a day. You need to take breaks, even for just 10 minutes, to rest your brain. If you only study for long periods of time with no breaks, you're only going to fry yourself out.

Tip: This isn't completely related to school stress, but it is a useful tip. Get used to disappointment. I don't mean this in a mean or bad way! I mean, don't expect everything to go perfectly. There will be times where you bombed a quiz, got a C in a class, or whatever. This is also same with people. There might be a friend who you relied on, and he/she betrayed you. There might be a time where that boy/girl you begins dating that jerk in algebra class.

It's not the end of the world. Seriously. All these bad things are just waves that will crash down on you and try to keep you down… But guess what? You are stronger than that. So pick yourself up, laugh, and say, "What now *******?!"

Okay, maybe not in that context, but anyways, you are stronger than all the bad things that come your way.

Okay, wow, that kinda... accelerated quickly. Sorry if this wasn't much help. ^^* But thank you for reading, and if you need any advice about Naruto or life in general, just comment down below.

Bye! Grace, out!