☀Favorites☀

Hi, this is favorites, with your host Choklitaddict! Feel free to call me by my nickname, Choccie! So, let’s jump right into it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title: Legacy of a Namikaze

Author: @krazy_essi

Genré: Alternate Universe (AU) Naruto

Status: Ongoing

Synopsis: “What if Minato and Kushina survived the Kyūbi attack? What if Sarutobi Hiruzen died in their place? Did the Uchiha massacre ever happen? Read and discover how the life of Naruto is altered as he starts his life as Namikaze Naruto. He is no longer the ‘dobe’ that everybody knew but a strong shinobi who will earn the respect he wants as Namikaze Naruto! Loved by all but obstacles will continue to come his way, interfering with his team, family, friends and village.” [She does mention pairings but I won’t ruin it for you ;-) ]

Opinion: Honestly people, why are there not more of these types of fan-fiction on Wattpad? I’m talking about Naruto AU’s, ones where maybe one or both of Naruto’s parents are still alive. Are people afraid to deviate from the canon path? Krazy-essi did an excellent job with this one, and she’s one of the many authors I look up to on this site.

The story follows Namikaze Naruto, son of the current Hokage, Minato Namikaze and his wife, Namikaze Kushina. Despite growing up in a loving home, Naruto still has relatively the same personality as he does in the manga/anime-much to my pleasure. In this story, however, Naruto has to deal with the pressures of being the Hokage’s son……Not to mention his army of fan girls. Plus, Naruto’s parents have been keeping a secret from him-a BIG secret. What will he do when he finds out, will he hate them, love them? Can he forgive them?

With Naruto’s little sister, Sasuke’s younger brother, an alive and kicking Uchiha clan, the Red Hot Habanero and a smart Naruto……What could go wrong?

For anyone searching for a fresh, original take on Naruto, I implore you to check out this story.

~~~***~~~***

Title: Masked Identity

Author: @AllBeautyDestroyed

Genre: Modern AU Naruto

Status: Completed

Synopsis: “After graduating high-school, your decision making impacts your life after willfully leaving everything behind—including your lover, Itachi, in avoidance of being found as a runaway, your identity is sacrificed with a new look and a new name.

When you think that your life could finally be re-written, everything shatters after being hired as a housekeeper by a wealthy woman….who reveals to be the wife of your former lover. After working only one-day, you end up wearing two hats: a housekeeper and an investigator after discovering Itachi’s current marriage carried more mystery than you bargained after a harsh truth is revealed.

Many emotions trigger between you and Itachi as you continue working for him while also being careful not to reveal your identity… Not too soon, at least.”

Opinion: To be honest, I’m not a fan of self-inserts or love stories. But this book was so remarkable, and so unique that I might actually consider reading more of both genres. It’s an Itachi Uchiha love story, and has won a Naruto Watty Award.

The story starts out on the day of your high-school graduation. There, you break up with your long-time boyfriend, Itachi Uchiha, telling him that you’ve decided to run away because of your home life. But moments after you tell him this, Itachi presents you with a ring. Telling him that you’re tired, you say you’ll answer him tomorrow. But that night, you sneak into Itachi’s room, put the ring on his bedside table and ran away.

You journey for a while before you end up in Washington, Seattle. There, you change your name, your hair color, heck you even get new eye color contacts. You make a friend, get a job and settle in well.

Then, one day, you help a woman called Ava, and from that day onwards, your life gets turned upside down. 

Good news is, there’s a sequel called “Through the blinds”!

~~~***~~~***~~~

Title: A Machine’s Soul

Author: @Galvanocide

Genre: General Naruto

Status: Ongoing

Synopsis: “Tsuinken Shiyoso is a successful result conducted by a tandem comprised of retired medical shinobi and a former Hunter-nin. For the sake of long-term curiosity and the bottled-up thirst for power, this pair of resigned shinobi rendezvoused at a desert warehouse located in a remote area that has no traces of civilization lingering. Afterwards, they transformed it into a laboratory of sorts. Years later, subsequent to countless of failed attempts, the two finally obtained their desired outcome.

A killing machine.

But they’ve committed an oversight of one detail that would make an impact of a great magnitude on their forthcoming schemes.

A machine isn’t supposed to have a heart.” 

Opinion: @Galvanocide is an incredible author, and I’m still surprised her stories have such a low number of reads and votes. Not only does she have an impressive, extensive vocabulary and an uncanny ability for writing but she also makes wonderful use of imagery. If robots aren’t your thing, then check out her other stories: Polar Halves; My Dying Wish and Cinderborne.  

There are very few Naruto fan-fiction writers on here (Wattpad) that I’ve seen with this amount of talent. Though this is very rare, her sentences tend to get flowery. She herself admits this. Warning! All her OC’s are reverse traps ( girl’s who happen to look masculine and are thought to be boys, or pose as boys.)

The story starts off with a duo of arguing shinobi, who are operating on a new born baby, trying to turn her into a machine. One of them yells at the other for not performing a surgery that would rid the child of emotions. The other shinobi stated this would be too risky and continue operating on the baby.Once the operation has been completed, they decide that to remove her emotions, they are going to train her –ROOt, ANBU style. Tsuinken Shiyoso is her name.

The story then fast forwards to a young Tsuinken, who walks out of the forest covered in red-the blood of her friends. Unable to clearly register her recent acts, tears fall from her eyes. We learn that her “guardians” had given her an option-either she kills her friends or they do. Choosing the former, she vows on that day to start taking pleasure in taking lives, so as to stop any form of guilt or devastation for overwhelming her.

But, in a little while longer, she’ll be dealing with a wider range of emotions. Who knows, maybe the machine does have a soul?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks so much for reading! Choklitaddict out!