Chapter 15: christmas ball

It was the christmas ball tomorrow.

A week had passed since i went to the forbidden forest. Snape has been a lot harder on me during lessons and in the assistance lessons, he only made me mark work in silence. It felt more like a detention than an assisting job.

He delayed my day for seeing my grandmother as some "private matters" had occurred. I knew I was definitely going to see her. I just didn't know when. Snape wasn't the type to go back on his word.

Pansy and I were planning on going into Hogsmead to get our dresses for the ball. I didn't have a date but i didn't really care. Fred already asked someone this time and i can't blame him. I was a pretty shit date for him.

Now me and the group were walking together.

"so i'm planning on my dress being a short flow green. Gotta support my house colours." she smirked.

I smiled.

"who are you going with, Draco?" I asked, glancing at him.

"not sure yet." draco smiled.

"if we both don't have dates by the time the ball is starting, we could go together?"

"that would be nice." he smiled.

"cool. now what about you guys?" i glanced towards crabbe, goyle and pansy.

"i'm taking uh. luna lovegood." goyle softly rubbed the back on his neck.

"you're taking looney?" draco raised an eyebrow.

"she's not that bad. She's actually pretty cool." goyle smiled, glancing aside.

"well i'm happy for you." i smiled.

"i have a date but. it's a surprise." pansy blushed.

"ooo, is he hot?" i smirked.

She widened her eyes slightly. "um. no. not your type." she rubbed the back of her neck nervously.

"okay?" i frowned slightly.

"i'm taking lavender brown." crabbe spoke cheerfully.

"a gryffindor?" draco scowled.

"she acts like a slytherin to be fair." Pansy added. "did you see how she reacted to weasley dumping her?"

"yeah. it was brutal." i sighed, shivering at the thought.

"don't break her heart then, Lob." i smirked, glancing at crabbe.

"not planning on it." he responded, smiling nervously.

After some time, Pansy and I were by ourselves, searching through dresses and a witch shop with muggle prom dresses.

"i like this one." pansy smiled, pulling out this silk green dress which went down in a skin tight way.