Chapter 8: halloween ball, part 2

Welcome back! I'll tell you when to play the song ;)

"i'm begging you."

I frowned, watching her pleading eyes and groaned.

"fine." i spat bitterly.

"thank you, may. thank you so much." she spoke with her low voice before taking me into a hug.

I didn't return it and only cast my head aside, the frown still on my face.

"i'm still not happy with you, Pansy." i sighed as she released me. "but i know how much this means to you."

She nodded softly, clearly not knowing what to reply.

I bit the inside of my lip and walked with her to the side of the curtain, out of view from the crowd but in view of the stage.

I noticed the Hufflepuff boy who's ukulele i played was standing singing a sweet song and playing.

Everyone was smiling at him.

His little shaky voice brought a smile to my face too.

It quickly vanished however when he stopped and everyone clapped and cheered.

Professor Flitwick brought himself to the stage with his own microphone.

he unfolded a piece of paper nervously before reading from it. "uh.. and next we have Pansy Parkison singing her written song All I Wanted!" he smiled brightly.

Everyone cheered and clapped as members from slytherin began to sit at the drums and guitar.

I exchanged a look with Pansy, my heart rate sped up rapidly.

Professor Flitwick looked over at us and Pansy immediately started pointing at me and swinging her flat hand in a back at forth motion at her neck as if to say 'not me, her.'

"oh uhm.. All I wanted by Pansy Parkison but sang by Amaya Verula!" he began to clap before walking to the side of the stage.

Then I changed my mind, i didn't want to do this anymore and my nerves where getting the better of me.

There was clapping along with whispers.

"amaya, go on. they're waiting!' she whisper shouted.

"i.. i cant." i muttered, my eyes wide.

"yes you can!" she frowned before going behind me and shoving me out from the side curtain.

I stumbled slightly but regained my balance.

Everyone's eyes were on me and i began to feel more anxious than before.

I slowly walked to the mic and adjusted it to my short height.

I breathed heavily and everyone stood, watching in silence.

i looked towards the band and gave a small nervous thumbs up as if to say start.

and they did.

(PLAY THE SONG HERE)

The music began to play and my heart beat sped even faster if that was possible of the state i was in.

My hands felt clammy but as my part approached, i closed my eyes and placed my hand on the microphone.

"Think of me when you're out, when you're out there
I'll beg you nice from my knees."

I sighed softly between the break, opening my eyes and glancing around the crowd of shocked and amazed faces.

"And when the world treats you way too fairly,
Well it's a shame I'm a dream."