Chapter 5: you knew?

Welcome back! :)

you knew?

I awoke to the sound of shuffling beside me. I quickly opened my eyes and glanced around a dark hospital wing. There was a curtain around me but i could still see the roof and windows. Then everything from before i passed out came to mind.

I placed my hand on my neck to find it with a bandage wrapped around. I frowned to myself slightly and glanced to the side. There was a glass of water placed there for me and i sighed with relief, quickly taking it and drinking the glass quickly.

After i finished drinking, i swung my legs off the bed, setting them on the floor. I allowed myself to stretch and let a few clicks in my neck. I desperately needed some fresh air as i felt like complete shit. I slowly stood and noticed i had been changed into my favourite pyjamas. A burgundy tank top and baggy black bottoms. I raised an eyebrow slightly. Seb must have gotten them for me.

I peaked out of the curtain and noticed that the hospital wing was completely empty which caused me to sigh with relief. I quickly tip toed out of the room, walking towards the courtyard. As i approached it, i let out a deep sigh. Calmness reaching me as the cold breeze hit my face.
I smiled as i got outside, looking up towards the sky. I sat myself down on a stone bench, and stared up to the clear night sky, the gentle splashing sound from the water fountain soothing me.

After some time of sitting in the courtyard i heard a voice.

"I will need a good excuse on why a student is out here at this time."

I smiled to myself as i noticed it was Snape. but clearly he had recognised me yet.

"i have no good reason, honestly." i responded, sighing.

I turned my head to look at him as he climbed through one of the arches and jumped down onto some pebbles.

He held his wand out but slowly retracted it when he knew it was me.

"miss verula. i recommend you should have stayed inside the hospital wing."

"wheres the fun in that, grumpy?" i spoke, using a funny name.

His face instantly snapped into a glare. "don't think your little moment is an excuse to get away with things." he spat.

"yeah, yeah." i sighed.

He took a seat beside me and glanced over my clothes and bandage.

"i feel like shit."

"language, amaya." he responded, now using my first name.

I turned my head pretty quickly to look at him. I've never heard him say my name before. it sounded weird coming from his mouth, weird yet nice.

"sorry." i responded, chewing the inside of my cheek.

there was silence for a moment. Slightly awkward but still somewhat comfortable.

"i feel better than earlier." i spoke.

His head switched to me with a raised eyebrow.

"you were quite the mess when i found you. what happened?" he asked.

I slowly looked at him once more. "i'm afraid you'll think im bonkers, sir."

"who's to say i dont already?" he questioned.

A frown met my face. "alright, i get it."

he seemed to let a small smirk play at the corners of his lips before it was gone as quickly as it came and he was looking forward once more.