Chapter 12: st.mungos

It had been a few weeks since the legilimacy lesson and i had avoided Snape as much as possible. i hadnt attended potions or DADA in 3 weeks. I refused to.

I'm pretty sure Dumbledore was aware of why but understood since he had spoken to me about the lesson but not about me skipping.

From what i was told, my memories had been altered with by whoever gave me the mark. I don't know why and neither does he but he's on the way to figure it out.

Christmas was now approaching and i was extremely excited to go home.

I missed my grandma and i missed my double bed.

A lot had happened this term and i just wanted to get home and forget about it.

I was sat at breakfast with Pansy and Draco. Crabbe and Goyle had early morning detention for sneaking out late which is funny considering how much they're against it.

"Snape has been in such a foul mood recently." Pansy huffed. "even to us."

I held my breath slightly.

"glad i haven't been there to experience it." i sighed softly.

"yeah, why have you been skipping?" Draco asked, looking at me.

I couldn't tell them. fuck, what could i say instead?

"i'm advanced and i've completed what i need to for potions this term. so i don't need to attend." i laughed softly.

"oh right, that makes sense." Pansy stated, eating more of her breakfast.

I bit the inside of my lip. I hated lying to them so much.

Two owls suddenly flew in, catching everyones attention as it wasn't post day.

"wonder who they're for." Draco raised an eyebrow, watching as one came towards the Slytherin table and the other for the Gryffindor.

"if it's for me i'm gonna fli-" i got cut off as the letter dropped in front of me. "oh bless my luck." i rolled my eyes.

Lots of eyes were on me as i opened the cream envelope.

I took out the soft parchment and my eyes tread over the words.

"Miss & Mr Verula,

Your Grandmother, Catherine Verula has been placed into St. Mungos due to a non magical head injury at your home.

Gratefully, she remembered a spell to send to the hospital and we were with her within minutes.

She is doing well at the moment.

I hope you'll be able to see her soon.

My condolences,

Head nurse of St. Mungos, Rosie Wonder."

I felt my face drop as i read the letter.

I abruptly stood, noticing Sebastian had stood at the same time.

We looked at each other with concerned faces before both running from our seats to the main door.

Once outside we faced each other.

"i'm coming with you."

"no you're not, may. you have to get this school year and I don't know how long i'll be." he frowned.

"i don't care if i miss school, i'm more concerned about Grandmother." i hissed angrily.

"do you seriously think mother and father would be supportive of you skipping school when grandmother is completely okay." he hissed back.