Chapter 11: safety

It had been a few days since I found out more about the dark mark.

Dumbledore requested that I saw him in a meeting today before my lessons. I agreed and now i found myself on the way to his towers.

I yawned as my feet dragged me through the empty halls. I rubbed my eyes, continuing to walk before i felt myself bump into someone.

I stumbled back slightly.

"watch where you're going!" i spat glancing up.

My face dropped slightly as i saw Cedric smirking down at me.

"i think you're the one who should be watching where you're going." he joked softly.

"sorry." i mumbled. "what are you doing up so early?" i asked, glancing behind him.

"i could be asking you the same question." he smirked.

I frowned at his subtlety.

"I have a meeting with Dumbledore." i sighed. "now what about you?"

"early morning run. if you didn't notice by the sports gear and sweat." He grinned, shaking his head as sweat droplets came from his hair.

"ew!" i shrieked, covering my face.

He stopped and began to laugh.

"you're gross." i frowned, fighting a smile before punching him softly in the chest.

He over-dramatised the punch, acting like he was winded.

"move along, diggory. I'm busy." i smirked, walking past him.

"farewell to you too, Verula." he smirked, glancing back at me before proceeding on his way.

What a weirdo.

I smiled to myself, reaching the moving staircases.

thoughts seemed to corrupt my mind of what this dark mark meant and why i had it. it made no sense to me. I don't know what i had done to be marked by the dark lord.

or more importantly. how i was marked.

I eventually reached Dumbledores office and spoke the password.

The large golden raven turning and revealing a staircase.

I slowly walked up and paused as I heard two voices.

"i'm not sure, Severus." Dumbledore spoke. "there's a lot here to consider especially the girls safety."

Are they talking about me?

"headmaster, this girl's safety is the least of our worries when the dark lord has proven his return." Snape growled.

"he has not yet called upon a meeting. I do believe his return his coming but not so soon. If he had returned by now, there would be a lot more havoc in the ministry."

"it's because they refuse to believe and even doubt his return. fear is blinding them."

"maybe so. But right now all we know of him is his harassment of a sixth year student."

I had heard enough.

I knocked and silence met the room before i heard dumbledore speak.

"come in."

I slowly opened the door and walked in, closing it behind me.

"hello, headmaster." i nodded to him before facing Snape. "professor." i nodded to him too.

"please take a seat, Amaya. We have much to discuss." he motioned towards the chair.

I slowly walked round and sat down, looking up to the men nervously.