Chapter 13: assistant

I heard speaking from where i laid, still feeling very out of it.

"maybe i should get her some water." i heard panys worried voice.

"i think the last thing she would want right now is water." Draco scoffed.

"i am a little thirsty." i replied, slowly opening my eyes.

I saw them both looking at me with relived expressions.

"hey." i smiled softly.

"hey." pansy responded.

They were both sat at the end of my bed on each side.

"it wasn't a suicide attempt." i quickly stated.

"thank god." Draco huffed, looking at Pansy. "i was afraid we'd have to keep you on a leash." Draco smirked, looking back at me.

I let out a soft laugh, as did Pansy.

"you're really stupid to swim in the black lake and think you'd be perfectly fine." Pansy sighed, scolding me.

"i know. but in that moment, i needed to." I sighed. "my grandma is in St. Mungos. I guess I just needed something to distract me."

"i'm sorry about your Grandma, May. But it doesn't mean you should risk your life." Draco frowned.

"i know, i know." i sighed.

"i mean. but on the bright side, Snape kissed you." Pansy grinned evilly.

I sat up abruptly. "what!?"

"shhh, keep your voice down." she smirked.

"he. what, how??" i asked urgently.

"he gave you mouth to mouth CPR." she laughed, Draco laughing along with her.

My face went red.

"t-that isn't kissing. he. he helped me stay alive. that's all." I covered my face.

"i dunnoo. lips against lips." Draco smirked. "kind of sounds like kissing to me."

I shoved the both of them and as i did so, Dumbledore opened the curtain around my bed.

"morning, dear. i hope i'm glad to see you're awake." Dumbledore smiled, a twinkle in his eye. "i hope i'm not disrupting anything?" he questioned, glancing to Pansy and Draco.

"n-no. not at all." i stuttered out quickly, my face clearly still red.

"good." he smiled. "now i was wondering if i could have a private word with you, Miss Verula." he glanced towards the two again.

"sure." i breathed softly, also looking at the two.

"we'll see you later." Pansy smiled to me, picking up her bag.

"bye, scar." Draco smiled too, holding the curtain for Pansy to leave.

Now it was just Dumbledore and I. He took a seat near the edge of my bed.

I sat up and crossed my legs under me, giving him more room.

"i believe we need to discuss yesterday, my dear." he hummed quietly.

"i promise to you, sir. it wasn't a suicide attempt. i just wanted to swim after i found out about my grandmother. i'm so sorry to worry you." i frowned softly, feeling awfully guilty.

"i'm glad it wasn't an attempt then, dear. Of course if it was we would have to get i to contact with more experienced people on that subject, but i'm relieved to know it was only a swim you desired." he hummed.