Chapter 20: The Call

"So have you had any thoughts about your wedding?" Addison asked as she sat down. It's been a couple days since they arrived and having this family time was great. Today, the girls and I were sitting down and talking about coronation stuff.

"Well the coronation planning is taking up most of my time so I haven't really thought about it." I told her.

"Don't worry, I have." Ella said, pulling out a couple of folders. She paused when we all gave her a look. "Oh don't do that. Is anybody actually surprised?"

"No not really." Skylar said, rolling her eyes. "I'm pretty sure you already have my mating party and my wedding planned out."

"I absolutely do not." Ella responded, putting two of the folders down. We all started laughing at her and she waved her hand. "Anyways, your coronation will be in the morning time so why not have the wedding that same day at night. We can do it all in one day."

"I actually like that idea. Seems less stressful if we can do it in the same day." I said, surprised at the idea she came up with. "Now I just need to find double of everything."

"That's what we're here for." Addison said, patting my hand. "We can do some shopping later this week."

"You girls and your shopping." I said to her with a smile. We all laughed again but it didn't last long. Nik came bursting into the room. I jumped up and rushed to him.

"What's wrong?" I demanded. He was panting like he ran all the way here. "Nik, say something. Is it Jeriah? Did something happen?"

"No it's not Jeriah." He said, finally catching his breath. "We just received a call from your brother Jeremiah."

I just stood there, frozen. I knew what that meant. Zeke was still going from pack to pack in search of me. We'd guessed that the pack members who found me hadn't told Zeke where they actually found me. It bought us time to figure out how to handle it.

"What did he want?" I asked quietly. It didn't matter. I already knew the answer.

"Zeke is requesting a visit. Claims there's a witch in our presence." He said, shaking his head. Addison scoffed behind me. She had already been told what happened to me over the years since I sat down with her to have a heart to heart. I needed a mother and she was there, no questions asked. "He wants to come here next week and asks for us to just let him in."

"Well grant it." I told him. Every person in that room gave me a crazy look. "You know what he's gonna try and do. He'll try to spin the whole thing around. So bring him here. Straight here. Make him think you're willing to hear him out."

"Then show him that you're his mate?" Skylar said, standing up. I nodded at her. "It would be humiliating for him. He'd be so angry."

"Exactly. I don't know why I think it's a good idea. I just want to have this thing on him, you know?" I said, looking back at Nik. "And you'll be there to protect me."

"So will I." Luka said, walking into the room. He looked at Nik. "It's not a bad idea. It would show that she's going to be queen to him and his pack. Give her a chance to show him who she truly is. A queen."

"Thank you, Luka." I said, giving him a smile. He nodded and right then, I was truly thankful to have him as a friend.

"You need to be prepared, Jo." Nik said. I gave him a confused look. "I'm going to kill him."

"I figured you would. Just leave Jeremiah out of this." I told him. "You know how wolves are. We can't fight the power of the alpha."

"We can work out a plan in case Zeke gives the order for them to attack." He said. "We're gonna get through this and it will all be behind us."