Chapter 14: Shopping

It took no time at all for everyone to get settled. Jeriah got everything he asked for because Nik couldn't tell him no. Ella had began helping me understand what my duties would be as queen. She explained that I would need a lady in waiting and thought I should ask Skylar. When we brought it up to Skylar, she was beyond excited. The three of us had become inseparable. Just as Nik and Jeriah had as well. Nik had become a big brother all over again and he was absolutely loving it.

       The girls and I were currently planning the huge party to officially announce my mating bond with Nik. Ella had completely taken charge of the whole thing and that was fine by me. She had also taken it upon herself to introduce Skylar to every unmated male she could find in hopes that she would finally find her mate.

       "How would you girls feel about another shopping trip?" Ella asked, looking through the party plans. "We should find some dresses for the party. And once we have the right colors, I can put an order in for Lukas and Niks tuxedos."

       "Girl you sure do love to shop." Skylar giggled. "I don't have money for a dress though and you guys have spent a lot on me already."

       "Well you technically already have a job since you're Jo's lady in waiting." Ella told her. "Niks working on getting you a bank account set up. He told me that we can buy you a dress, shoes, and jewelry."

       "I'm not even gonna fight against it because it's no use." Skylar said with a smile, looking over at me. "Your mate really knows how to spoil people."

       "You're telling me. Have you seen Jeriah's room?" I said with a laugh. "And I can't even look at something longer than a few seconds. Nik will just buy it for me, no questions asked."

       "You love it though." Ella said, throwing a paper ball at me. "Come on. Let's shop till we drop."

       We all laughed and went to tell the guys where we were going. They were down in the training rooms with Jeriah. Nik and Luka had begun training Jeriah, even though he was so young. They want him to know basic stuff in case anyone tries to hurt or take him. We said goodbye and walked down to the city arm in arm.

       We'd had fun shopping before but this was a whole different level. The shopkeeper, Ani, was having a blast pulling every dress in our sizes. No one else was there so we had a fashion show and pranced around the store. Ani cheered about every dress we tried on. Skylar ended up choosing a light pink gown that sparkled. Ella went for a daring red sleeveless dress that hugged her hips and flared out at the bottom.

       The vote for my dress was unanimous. I went with a sleek, long sleeve black dress with an open back. It hugged my curves well and had a slight flare at the bottom. Nik was gonna love it. Ani let us know she would have the dresses delivered to the castle and we promised to send everybody to her shop for dresses.

       We stopped and ordered the tuxedos. I chose an all black one for Nik to match with me. After that, we made a stop at a store that had all kinds of accessories. Ella disappeared to the jewelry section, stating she had to get something and it was a secret. So Skylar and I went to pick out shoes. We didn't stay long and made our way back home.

       Home. It felt good to call this place my home.