Chapter 16: Party

"Damn girl. Have you slept at all?" Skylar asked, throwing herself on my couch. It's been a couple days since I moved all my stuff into Niks room. Skylar ended up taking my old room because we wanted someone to be close to Jeriah. She was more than happy since she loves that little boy so much. "You look like you've been awake for days."

"Let's just say that Nik is insatiable. Although he would argue the other way around." I said with a laugh. The truth was, both of us were insatiable. We couldn't get enough. Yesterday, I interrupted a small meeting with the council and told him it was a little emergency. We didn't make it very far before I just shoved him into a broom closet. There were no objections from him though.

"I'm so glad you're happy. You deserve it." She said. "Now come on. Ella set us up in her room to get ready for the party tonight."

I jumped out of the bed and walked down the hall with Skylar. We were halfway to Ella's room when Nik came running by. He had a giggling Jeriah clinging to his back. He winked at me as he ran by. I shook my head and kept walking, arm and arm with Skylar. We rounded the corner to see Ella standing there tapping her foot.

"Seriously? You guys take forever!" She said, stomping into her room. "We only have a little bit of time to get ready for the party."

"Ella has anyone ever told you that you can act like a child sometimes?" I said, with a laugh. Skylar made a face at her and jumped on her bed. "We have all day to get ready. You can stop freaking out."

"Okay I might be a little over dramatic sometimes." She said, rolling her eyes. "But still, let's start getting ready."

We all started laughing at how bossy she was being. I loved having my two best friends here together.

. . .

I smiled at myself in the mirror. The dress was insanely gorgeous. Ella styled my hair into a half up, half down look. I chose to not wear any jewelry because I felt like everything was already perfect. There was no need for shine.

"Are you girls ready?" Skylar asked, walking towards the door. I smiled and nodded, taking one last look in the mirror.

Luka was already at the door when we opened it, eyes landing on Ella immediately. Skylar and I shared a look and moved past them. No doubt he was going to dote on her for a few minutes before finally heading down to the throne room. When we got down there, Jeriah ran up to me instantly. He was showing off his new suit and looked absolutely adorable. I wasn't paying attention to anything else until I felt two arms wrap around my waist from behind.

"You are absolutely breathtaking, my love." Nik whispered in my ear. I turned to smile at him. His all black suit looked good on him. "Ella kept you from me all day long. It was unbearable."

"You're just as dramatic as your sister." I said, shoving his shoulder. He gave me a sheepish grin. "I hope Jeriah didn't run you ragged today."

"We had a lot of fun today." He said, guiding me around the room. I looked back to see that Jeriah had already wrangled Ella and Luka in. "I taught him how to dig for worms in the garden and showed him the treehouse."

"Of course you did." I said with a giggle. "You're so good with him. He loves you."

"I feel the same." He said, squeezing my waist. "I never got to have a little brother. He has been a breath of fresh air."

"I'm just happy to see him smiling and laughing so much." I said, leaning into him a little. "Enough sappy talk. Aren't you going to ask me to dance?"

He threw his head back and laughed. I just smiled at him. That was my favorite sound. His laugh. The most musical sound in the world.