Chapter 19: Family Time

We had a really good day with Addison and Isaiah. The ended up setting up the racetrack in one of the many sitting rooms we had. Isaiah seemed to be having the time of his life and Addison was just simply enjoying it. At the end of the day, we all changed into our pajamas and played with the toys some more. Jeriah even asked Addison if she could sing him to sleep. She needed no further encouragement as she scooped him up to take him to bed. Ella and Luka disappeared to the kitchen for a snack.

       "Listen, Johanna." Isaiah began, picking up the toys around the room. "If Addison or I overstep at any time with Jeriah, let us know."

       "Oh no, you guys are fine." I said, sitting on the couch with Nik. "Jeriah is getting better about warming up to people. He loves you both already."

       "Well Addy sees a little boy without his parents and she can't stand it." He said before clearing his throat. "I'm sorry, I probably shouldn't have said that. That was extremely insensitive."

       "No you're alright. I've done the best to try to be a mom to him but I'll only ever be his big sister." I told him honestly. "I appreciate you being so kind to us."

       "Well you're our daughter now." He said with a chuckle. "And trust me. Addison is gonna make up for it too."

       "What do you mean?" I asked with a smile.

       "Well as I said, Addie and I both see you as our daughter now." He said. "And more specifically, the way Addie sees it, she has twenty-two years of spoiling that she needs to catch up on."

       "There's no need for that." I said, laughing loudly. "Nik spoils me enough already."

       "Exactly." He said, pointing at him. "Where do you think he gets it from? The stubbornness too. You'll have a hard time telling Addie not to spoil you."

       "I guess I shouldn't even try to fight it." I told him. "I know it's useless to even try to stop it."

       "Ah so you've learned it already." He said, throwing his back to laugh. "Just wait till you see Addie on a warpath."

       "Warpath?" Addie said as she breezed in the room. "I have no idea what you're talking about. By the way Johanna, Riah is fast asleep."

       "Thank you so much for that." I told as she sat down next to Isaiah. "It's been so great spending time with you guys."

       "Well I was hoping we could spend a little more time together tonight." She said with a smile. "Go find Ella and that friend of yours, Skylar, and meet me down in the theater room. Let's have a proper girls night."

       I smiled and nodded at her. After giving Nik a kiss, I took off to find the girls. I got lucky when I found them both in the kitchen, pestering Luka. I told them what Addison suggested and they were beyond excited. We all started pulling out all the snacks we could find. Luka commented that it looked like we had been starving for weeks because of the amount of snacks we piled up. Ella batted her eyes at him and he sighed, picking up all the snacks to carry them for us.

       Ella ran upstairs and grabbed all the makeup she could carry. Which turns out, the girl could carry a lot of makeup. Ella was so mature most of the time but she could really act like a teenager in a second. We all met downstairs and the girls night commenced. We sang and danced and took turns doing each others makeup. Addison gave us all boy advice like a mother should. We watched movies and stayed up way too late. Eventually, the guys came looking for us, saying they couldn't sleep. Skylar only shook her head, saying she was slightly glad she didn't have a mate to deal with. Addison laughed and patted her husbands cheek as she walked by. I was glad I found love like that.