Should it have?

Genesis
8:34am

After about half an hour of arguing and exchanging spiteful words. My mother and I finally chose to seat and talk calmly.

"If he makes you feel great about yourself that's that. You don't have to date him. " my mother told me when we were both sitting at the kitchen counter.

The worst happened. My mum was home early today to grab clothes for her and my brother. She was back from the hospital at four in the morning.
I only sneaked Caesar out my house at five.
She had already seen us. With our clothes on the ground and shit, us sleeping in my bed together.... she knew what transpired.

"Relationships come with their own troubles. As friends you two get through things easily, but with a relationship. " my mum continued to advise me as though she knew anything about Caesar and I's friendship.

I just listened this time. I wasn't trying to compete with her.

"And honey, sex. Now. I don't think its a smart idea..... Both physically and emotionally. Sex comes with an attachment. " she added.

It was so embarrassing that she knew I had sex with Caesar. I was never going to tell her.

"I think you should break up with him." my mum said.

"No. " I answered bravely.

"I'm not saying this as the Crystal who dislikes that boy but as your mother who loves and cares for you. I have lived long enough to know that this relationship will end in tears. " she told me.

I just looked at her. She wasn't saying this as a "caring mother". She hates Caesar. And who cares how long she's lived on this earth, it doesn't justify much. Every situation comes with its own probabilities.

"What if his my soul mate. The person I'm actually supposed to be with forever?" I asked her.

"Genesis. You are breaking up with him and that's it."she said looking angry. " You are sixteen, you don't know anything about soul mates. This relationship ends today. " my mother commanded.........................
"Were you safe? " she asked me with a hint of fear in her voice.

I honestly don't remember any condoms being worn but...

"Yah, for sure. " I lied.

Caesar didn't use a condom.
My ass might be pregnant right now.
Shit.

"Its over. " my mum emphasized." Don't disobey me, you don't want to see the worst of me. " my mum added and left.

My breakfast was cold now and I was too pissed off to eat.
My phone was on the counter.
Our relationship status was a call away.
I wasn't going to break up with Caesar.
I was willing to try my mother. I'm not scared of her. I'm a grown ass woman and I can make decisions of my own.

2:16pm

My mum wasn't home and wasn't going to be home till tonight.
I invited Caesar over.
We were in my pool enjoying the weather and each other.
We were so in love and my mum was so wrong.

Caesar

I had never seen her in a two piece before but she looked sexy.
They were two days before the big event.
I never thought Genesis and I would be together but we were.
I loved her and I loved how she made me feel.