Chapter • Thirty Two

Ellerie's POV
I ran under Tyler's arm and into the bedroom across the hall. I didn't know what to do so I just locked the door. My thoughts were all over the place. Tyler wasn't going to hurt me was he? I couldn't comprehend what had just happened. In my heart I knew he was looking out for me but he seemed pretty upset.

I paced back and forth and grabbed my hair. Whatever I just did, it made him even more upset.

"Elle open up." I heard from the other side of the door. It was Tyler. "Please." His voice was soft, but I was still careful about what he was about to say.

"Elle. Please just listen to me. Hear me out." I sat on the floor near the door.

"I can't let you in." I said almost unheard.

"Just I'll sit out here but listen to me please Ellerie." He said almost desperate.

"Ok." I whispered.

"Elle." He paused talking a deep breath. "I don't know how to say this other than just putting it out there. I really like you. And not just as a friend because of course I like you as a friend and a person. But I like you. You are gorgeous and smart. You work so hard for everything you get. When I'm in a room with you I can't take my eyes off of you. I'm in love with you Ellerie Rose Holland. And seeing you with Luke hurts more than you know. And I understand if you like him more or you want to be with him. Just take the time to think about this please?" He stopped for a moment. "I'm sorry if this ruined everything." I heard him breathe then walk away.

I just sat on the floor. I didn't know what to think. Tyler is my best friend and he loves me. I'm not in love with my best friend, my best friend is in love with me. I couldn't think because I didn't know what to think. I grabbed my phone and I texted Ryland.

Elle🦎
Ry can you please come up here but don't make a big scene about it. I'm in the room across from Tyler's.

Ry🐄
Yes give me five seconds hun🧡

I sat and looked into the distance as I waited for Ryland to come upstairs. There was a knock at the door. I got up and opened the door. On the other side was Ryland and Carter. I let them both in and quickly shut and locked the door.

"Sorry Carter had my phone when I got the text so I brought her to help out." Ryland said looking at me supportively.

"So what's up?" Carter asked. I sat in the middle of the bed and both of the girls sat on either side of me.

"Well um." I looked down at my hands.

"Oh Elle what's wrong?" Carter said as she reached out to hold my hands.

"Well Luke and I we um." I fumbled over my words.

"No way!" Ryland said excitedly.

"Yeah but then so Tyler came up to check on me and we got into an argument just about it and he was scaring me so I ran out of the room and into here and he just wanted to talk to me but I wouldn't let him in and then." I paused after running through my words. I let out a sob and Ryland wrapped her arms around me. Carter smoothed my hair as I cried.

"And Tyler told me.." I paused.

"What did he say." Ryland asked me.

"He told me he is in love with me and that seeing me with Luke hurts him." I answered and cried into Rylands chest. "And I don't know what to do because I've only seen him as a friend and I don't want to hurt him but I just can't date him and I don't want to break our friendship."

"Wait what?" Carter said.

I just cried more into Rylands chest. "It's going to be ok." Ryland answered hugging my head.

"But it won't." I sobbed. "He wants me to think about it but I absolutely do not feel the same way." I paused. "I ruined everything."

"Oh no you did not." Carter said taking my hand again. "You did not ruin anything."

I stayed quiet and Ryland spoke up. "Elle listen to me." She said turning to me. "You didn't do anything. Did you profess your love him?"

"No." I answered quietly.

"Exactly." Ryland answered. "This is not your fault. You didn't expect anything to happen and absolutely none of this was your fault."

"I know but I feel like I will ruin it by letting him down and staying with Luke." I cried. "And I know you say that it's not my fault but I don't want to hurt him and he said seeing me with Luke hurts him."

"And that's his problem." Carter said hugging me. "You have no control over what he says or does. And if he can't handle it let him walk because then he's not a good enough friend."

"Yeah." I sighed wiping my tears.

"Alright let's get you out of here." Ryland said standing up.

"I can't just leave though this is my birthday party." I said looking up at Ryland.

"Yeah I guess that's true." Ryland replied looking down.

"Let's go downstairs and make this a bomb ass night." Carter said happily. "And you don't even have to look at Tyler."

"Yeah!" I smiled again.

"Let's go!" Ryland said jumping up.

I have no idea what to think about that and what just happened. But one things for sure I am getting blackout drunk tonight.