Chapter • Five

Ellerie's POV
"Ok then get on my shoulders." Luke said backing away from the edge of the pool. I jumped down from my spot and went under the water to get used to the temperature.

"Alrighty lets fuckin go Lu." I said just before he went under. I climbed on his shoulders and held on while he stood up. We were in the shallow end and Luke is so tall that when he stood up I was completely out of the water.

The boys were working on teams until we finally had them set:
Me and Luke, Tyler and Ryland, Caden and Sasha, and Kaiden and Mari.

First to go was Tyler and Ryland against Caden and Sasha. The boys won easily because Ryland is tall and fell easily. Next was Me and Luke against Kaiden and Mari. Our fight went on for a long time with Mari finally falling.

"Yessirrrr!" I shouted when Mari finally went under. I high fived Luke as he walked over to fight Caden and Sasha. I composed myself and put my arms out to fight Sasha.

"Oh your going down Holland." He said as Caden and Luke walked towards each other.

"No way Pastujov." I said as we locked arms. Luke kept walking and pushing me towards Sasha. Suddenly Sasha hooked his arm around my neck and slung me towards the water. Luke and I both fell and I swallowed a moth full of water. I came up coughing and Luke immediately grabbed me and carried me to the side of the pool.

I kept coughing and until I could breathe and when I opened my eyes I looked around and saw everyone was concerned. Luke was leaning on the side of the pool next to where I was sitting on the edge. He was helping me sit up and had a hand on my lower back.

"You good Elle?" Sasha asked. "I shouldn't have shoved you that hard."

"Yeah I'm good." I said I'm between coughs.

"Alright let's get out guys." Luke said to the group.

"Let's go in the hot tub." Ryland offered.

Everyone agreed and as they walked up to the hot tub Luke and I went to grab a few more drinks. We just brought out white claws keeping it chill on the alcohol levels.

I climbed in the hot tub and ended up squeezed between Luke and Sasha. We ended up playing Paranoia.

Luke turned to me and whispered "who's the biggest hoe?"

"Oh that's a tough one." I answered "um I'm gonna have to say Mari."

Everyone made ooo sounds and laughed. "Alright 3,2,1." Sasha counted.

At the same time Luke said one and I said two.

Mari let out a long groan. "Come on!" She responded. We played Paranoia until dark and then the boys decided they should be heading home. Luke called his brother to come get them since we had been drinking.

"Alright boys let's go." He said when there was a honk outside. All the boys left saying byes and thanks for having us. Luke was the last to go out.

"Hey Ellie, thanks for today I had so much fun." He said facing me.

"Me too Luke." I said going to hug him. He hugged back and then there was a yell from outside.

"Luke come on!" Someone, probably Jack, said from outside.

"Coming!" He yelled back. "Well I'll text you after I talk to my mom. See ya Ellie."

"Bye Luke." I said as I went to close the door.

As soon as I turned around Mari and Ryland had their eyes on me.

"What?" I asked acting like I had no idea why they were looking at me. However I did know; Luke.