Chapter • Twenty One

Ellerie's POV
School had just let out and all the girls were coming over to my house to get ready for the game. I climbed in my car and waited for Mari to come out.

"Hey!" She said opening my door. "What's this?" She asked holding up a grey pullover.

"It's Luke's." I said smiling. "He gave it to me so that Ryland and I could match."

"That's cute." She said happily.

"We aren't taking anyone else right?" I asked to make sure.

"Nope." She answered. "And anyways if we had to Rylands car is here."

"True." I said pulling out of the parking spot. We drove to my house listening to all different types of music. I parked in the garage and some of the other girls cars were already here.

We walked inside and I heard my mom in the kitchen. "Hey mama!" I said happily hugging her.

"Hey baby cakes! How was school?" She asked me. She had just gotten back from a trip to LA. My mom works in the fashion industry. She designs and styles clothes for fashion shows around the world.

In the kitchen my mom was talking to Kami and Ahnfeesa.

"It was good!" I smiled. "I have Earth Science with all of our friends."

"Oh isn't that fun!" She smiled. "Gracie and Carter already went up to your room."

"Ok." I said turning to go upstairs. The rest of the girls went with me.

"Hey guys!" I smiled walking into my room.

"Hey!" Carter smiled at me.

"Seamus said he has some merch you guys can wear if you want." I told the group.

"Ok cool!" Gracie answered. We all got changed and Ryland and I braided each other's hair.

"Everyone ready?" I asked all the girls. Everyone responded with yes so we went out to the cars. We decided that Carter and I would drive.

"Who are you guys rooting for?" Ryland laughed from the front seat.

"Hmmm that's a tough one." Hadley laughed back. "Maybe USA."

"Yeah but USA looks pretty good." Laylah responded. We all laughed as I parked my car. Carter pulled up next to me and we all piled out of the car. It was 3:40 and the game is at 4.

We all walked inside and found some seats across from the benches. Soon enough the players were coming on the ice. I watched Luke skating. He took a few shots on the next and the went to stretch. He was talking to Jake who pointed up towards us. Luke smiled at me and waved. I waved back and smiled towards him. He went back to talking to tyler and I turned to Ryland who was smiling at me.

"What?" I laughed at her.

"He just waved at you!" She smiled.

"Yeah?" I said confused.

"Ugh I want a hockey boyfriend." She laughed.

"Girl you have plenty of options!" I laughed.

"Yeah but none of them like me." She frowned.

"Well it's not like you like any of them!" I laughed. Her face turned red and she looked down. "Wait!" She just laughed in response. "Who?"

"Um Aidan." She said looking down at her hands a blushing.

"Awe I love Aidan he's really funny." I smiled.

"I know." She smiled.

"I think you should go for him." I said turning back to the ice. "He'll probably be at the party tonight."