16

(___'s POV)

"You're very relaxed. You're safe." Doctor Kim's voice settles deep in my mind. He speaks softly and slowly.

The hypnosis session has started and he's put me in a deep state of relaxation where he can enter my subconscious.

"Don't think about anything, just imagine white all around you. Emptiness," he says.

"White... emptiness..." I speak to myself.

"Now I want you to think about your house in the woods, the one your father bought. Did you like that house?" 

"Yes," I reply.

"How was it?"

"Very big, with wooden floors and stairs."

"Good. Now I want you to go to that house. I'm here with you, you're safe," he tells me calmly and I take a deep breath.

"Okay," I sigh and slowly open my eyes to find that I'm in front of my house and it's night time. A cold wind makes me shiver.

"It's cold." I frown, looking around.

"Cold? Are you there, ___?"

"Yes."

"What do you see?" 

"It's very dark and cold. There's snow everywhere," I mumble.

"How's the house?"

"It's very silent and all the lights are off."

"Can you get in?" Doctor Kim questions.

"I can try." The cold wind and the snow under my feet makes me tremble as I walk towards the front door.

"I'm scared. Something's not right and I feel like running away from this house," I say shakily and hear Doctor Kim's voice in my head

"Nothing will happen to you, I promise." When he says that, my surrounding change and suddenly, I'm in my bedroom.

"I'm in my bedroom now. The power's off and everything looks..." I look around. My bed is a mess, my laptop is on my desk and a digital clock beside my bed marks 11:36 pm. "It's nearly midnight. Everything is so... silent."

"Maybe they're sleeping?"

I shake my head. "No, it's Saturday night. They always stay up late watching movies."

"Where are your parents now?" Doctor Kim asks.

"Probably downstairs watching a movie. Though, I know the power's out. My dad must be trying to find a way to turn it back on." 

"Why aren't you with them?"

"I was just talking to Jasmine through Skype when the power went out." My body moves my itself towards the door. It's as if I'm living the night all over again. "I'm scared."

"Nothing will happen. Are you getting out of your room?" he asks.

"Yes," I reply.

"Good. You can do it. And whatever you see, remember, you're safe."

Swallowing hard, I open the door and walk out of my room, using my hands against the walls to guide me. I reach the hallway where a window illuminates the place. But then I see the silhouette of a man with the contrast of the moonlight coming from the window behind him. He's dressed in black, a cloth covering his entire face except for his eyes.

"___," he says.

That's not my father's voice. I step back immediately.

"W-who are you?" I stutter.