2

"Jump."

I stop breathing when I hear a voice behind me.

"What are you waiting for?" he says. "No one will come stop you if that's what you're still standing there for."

Who is that?

"I don't want to be stopped," I say, looking back in front of me.

"Then why are you still here? Hurry up and jump."

"Could you leave?" I ask angrily.

"No," he replies, his voice monotone.

"I'd like to have some privacy on the day of my death."

I hear him chuckle slightly and I move my eyes back to him, but he still doesn't move.

"Imagine I'm not here," he says.

"I wouldn't have to imagine anything if you weren't here!" I scream back at him.

"I told you, I'm not leaving. You should hurry up."

"Leave!"

"No."

Gosh, he's annoying. I hear him laugh under his breath again.

"You want me to give you a push?" he asks.

"No, I want you to leave."

He turns his head in my direction and for a second, I manage to see a pair of fascinating dark eyes staring back at me and a small smile on his lips.

Is he mocking me? This boy is going to hear me out!

I carefully crouch down and step onto the rooftop floor but when I turn towards him he's gone. I look around trying to find him but he's nowhere to be seen. How did he disappear so fast?

"___?" I hear someone say.

Oh no.

I turn around to find the night guard looking at me in disapproval.

"Move from the edge. Now!" she yells

"Oh, I was just-"

"Go back to your room. Right this instant." She interrupts me. "You can't be here, it's absolutely prohibited. Especially for you."

Time to act dumb.

"Oh, I had no idea, I'm sorry. I just needed fresh air," I say.

I was lucky the guard was in a good mood, otherwise she could've reported me to the principal and I'd be in huge trouble. I don't want to be transferred to the second floor.

As I enter back into my room, I remember the boy on the rooftop. He didn't even try to stop me, he encouraged me to jump!

My plan failed.

I let out a frustrated sigh as I drop myself on the bed. Those dark eyes come back to my mind and a mixture of rage and curiosity invades me.

Who are you?

~~~

A soft breeze ruffles my hair as a small hand picks up beautiful flowers from a field. I turn around towards my mother.

"Mom! I brought you flowers! Look!" I say and she smiles beautifully as she ruffles my hair and takes the flowers.

"They're beautiful, sweetie. Just like you," she tells me and I smile happily when suddenly, everything turns into darkness. The sun disappears and a cold wind makes me shiver.

I look around me.

"Mom? Where are you?" I ask, scared.

I feel a presence behind me, a hot breath on my neck and my body paralyzes in fear.