5

My sobs are the only thing that can be heard in the cold, silent night.

Jimin holds me tight, as if trying to hold my broken pieces together. The pain is unbearable. I've never felt something like this before. It's the first time I'm letting myself feel the loss of my parents and it's devastating.

Jimin takes my waist and turns me around. I cry breathlessly in front of him. How embarrassing.

He takes my face between his hands. His hands are soft and warm against my cold cheeks. He forces me to lift my gaze and meet his beautiful eyes.

"You need to face what you feel, ___. Even if it's painful. It's eating you up inside." His voice sounds so soft and calming. Is he bipolar?

First he's an absolute idiot, and now he acts like he cares about me?

I try to calm down and I slowly stop crying. I wipe my tears and he doesn't take his eyes off me the whole time.

"Do you feel better?" he asks.

I nod my head. After crying a river, I actually do feel better. Now that I've let out everything I had inside of me, I feel a sense of peace run through my body.

"Thank you," I say, looking into his eyes. He nods and turns around.

"Now go to sleep," he orders coldly.

Yes, Jimin is definitely bipolar.

I don't say anything else as I open the door, leaving the roof.

I thank goodness the guard is still asleep and silently walk down the corridor, entering my room.

What the hell just happened? How did I end up crying in Jimin's arms?

I walk to my bed and suddenly freeze when I see there's a note on my pillow. With shaky hands, I take the note and read it.

"You enjoyed his company, didn't you? But don't forget who you belong to. Sleep well."

I furrow my brows in confusion. Whose company? Jungkook or Jimin's?

Shivers run down my spine. A stranger is following my steps. How did they even enter my room? I don't feel safe in my own room anymore.

~~~

The past few days were pretty boring. I didn't see Jungkook, Jihye told me he's busy with a project.

I miss him. He makes me laugh and that's something I need.

I saw Jimin a few times walking past the canteen, but we didn't speak. He didn't even look at me.

It's finally afternoon. Classes just finished and I walk back to my room.

I walk around the same corridor I saw the blood in the other night. I wonder if it was real or all just in my head. I'm starting to question my sanity.

I see Jihye waiting for me in front of my room door.

"Hey, I've been waiting for you," she tells me.

"Oh, why?" I ask

"Well, a few people from the first floor will gather tonight in an area in the woods. And I've noticed you've been a bit down these days, so I think some fresh air and distractions would be good for you," she says.

"Another gathering?"

"Yes. I actually have an escape plan."

"I'm really starting to question the security of this place."

~~~

"Hurry! Run! To the forest!" Jihye shouts. I do as she says and run as fast as I can into the big trees and wild vegetation.