the contest. pt 2

"Scrolling through socials, she's there

Reading through books, she's there

The girl from fairy tales

Or comic books

The one I needed to save" The mask didn't do much to muffle Tubbo's voice, so it was still clear enough for people to make out the lyrics.

The backing track stopped to let Tubbo say his spoken part. "Well, quote unquote."

"I'm not a prince

Don't expect too much from me

I can't save her

But she doesn't exist anyways

Princesses don't exist in real life

Fairy tales are just lies

I'm not a prince

Yeah, I'm not" There was an instrumental break and since Tubbo had his keyboard part pre-recorded since he wasn't too good at singing and playing at the same time, he wasn't sure what exactly to do, except wait it out.

"Looking in the hallways

She the girls can defend themselves

We should be the ones to be worried

'Cause I'm pretty sure they could beat us up

Beating the dragon, saving her from the towers

but she didn't ask to be saved anyways" Tubbo smiled, in all honesty this wasn't that bad, performing live wasn't as bad as he thought.

There was a sudden beat drop to the semi calm song that they made, and that caught the judges attention, since up to this point, the song had been pretty mild.

"I'm not a prince

Don't expect too much from me

I can't save her

But she doesn't exist anyways

Princesses don't exist in real life

Fairy tales are just lies

I'm not a prince

Yeah, I'm not." Tubbo finished with the chorus, and the crowd clapped, as always, but it felt more surreal now that they four were on stage.

As always, Eret spoke first. "You guys are significantly new to the scene, right?"

Tubbo was slightly out of breath, but answered anyways, "Yes."

"I have to say, you guys are a talented bunch for you, I'm gonna say it's your first live performance since the producer here has only talked about you guys for what, a week? And I gotta say, for four people in masks and mostly anonymous, you guys are doing great. Stage presence is there, the song is great, and I think this was the one you wrote first, for your first song, it's phenomenal. Path A, you were a little out of breath but that adds to it in a way, so yeah. That's all I have to say! Amazing job you four."

Techno was next. "You guys have improved since your recording." He simply spoke, earning a small, out of sight smile from all four boys. "You guys are doing good for a first live performance, and the song is great, you guys have a great instrumental and A you were out of breath for half the song but I think it adds to the song. Path D, drums were great, C you did some great riffs and B your guitar skills are probably going to beat Wilbur one day-"