i'm off then

"I'm off then." Tommy tapped the toes of his shoes to the floor mat in front of his front door.

"Text us every night, okay?" His mom made the boy promise.

"Of course." Tommy replied simply.

"Don't stay up too late, and don't disrupt your hosts with your bloody drumming!"

"No promises."

"Tommy."

The blond gave a weak laugh. Oh I fucked up. "Kidding, I won't bother them too much." His mother pinched the bridge of her nose in annoyance before pulling her son in for a hug.

"Don't." She spoke one last time in warning.

"Won't." The boy promised.

"Good. Off you go, now." The woman swatted the boy off towards the school, and Tommy, with a sigh, headed off with a heavy backpack and two suitcases, one of them was larger, containing his electric drum set. Thankfully, the building was only a minute or two away, and he arrived quickly. In front of the school was a bus, and a teacher stood in front of it.

"Tom." She greeted.

"Ms. Prime." Tommy greeted back.

"You ready?"

"..." Tommy paused to think back to a few months ago, where he first got the news of an exchange program to the United States. The good ol' USA was never too intriguing to Tommy, but he had always had a curiosity on how life is there, opposing to the UK. So of course, that night, Tommy slammed the paper for the program down onto the dining table the first thing he did after he came home for school.

Few months later, he's going to the US of fucking A.

"Sure." Tommy replied simply.

"Good, get your luggage into the space under the bus, and we'll be off soon. I'll follow you guys to the airport, then we'll get you guys going, alright?"

"Sounds good." Tommy smiled before heading to place the bag down in the space before heading into the bus. From his backpack, the boy brought out a pair of headphones and his phone, and plugged the things into each other, before pushing the earbuds lightly into his ear. Playing an early 2000 to 2010 sort of playlist, Tommy tapped his feet along to the beat as he rested his head onto the window.

♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪

Tubbo stood in front of the bus, his luggage stowed away safely, and ready to get on the bus that sat in front of him. With a deep sigh, he walked onto the bus. People sat sparsely around the small bus, he noted a few of the popular people sitting in the back. All of them decided to just get on the same program at once. There was also a blond boy sitting near the middle, listening to music with his head leaning on the window. Tubbo decided to not bother either of them, and just sat in parallel to the blond kid. He glanced over to the taller boy, seeing if the other noticed him at all, and to see if he could make some small talk.

No luck.

Tubbo just sighed softly to himself and plugged in his headphones, putting on a random public playlist, hugging his bag to his chest, while the popular kids shouted from the top of the bus, and the blond kid hummed softly to the song that was playing through his headphones. A two girls came into the bus, and Tubbo closed his eyes as the bus started moving.

♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪

"For the last time, mom, it'll be fine." Ranboo held his mother by the shoulders, grounding the anxious woman. "The house is clean enough, there isn't much clutter, they'll be fine with it, and they'll be completely, completely fine with anything." He reassured, not even sure if he was lying or not.