070- "A Shirker's Call to Action: A Layabout No More!"

"I see so that's what happen," Naruto says. That Sasuke, getting impatient even dragging Y/n along with him, she would never leave unless she felt she had to.

"So, why am I pulled into this?! This is such a drag!" Shikamaru groaned.

"It can't be helped! It's Kakashi Sensei orders," Sakura chimed in.

Pakkun sniffled, "This way!"

They begin their search party through the forest on to catch up to  Y/n and Sasuke.

Naruto leaned over to Pakkun side. "How long do we have to catch up to them!"

"I don't know. Those two are moving a pretty good speed I can't keep up with her scent so I'm going off Sasuke's, which is just as fast," Pakkun answered.

"Dammit," Naruto gritted.

꧁꧂

Meanwhile, Oto-nin (Sound Ninja) pursue on following Naruto and his team, stopping them from interfering with their objectives.

"Hey! You guys hurry up now!" Pakkun insisted.

"Huh? What is it?" Sakura asked.

"Did you find them?" Naruto added.

"No! There are eight people in two squads behind us..." His ear twitches and he gives them a once-over, "Nine, There's nine people."

"What?" Naruto eyes widened.

"Cmon. Already?! Give me a break!" Shikamaru huffed.

The Oto Shinobi noticed their footprints on the branches of the trees they've been hopping on along their way, making it easier for them to track their location.

Pakkun landed and stopped on a trail seeming looking at the ground pondering.

"Hey, what's the point of stopping?!" Naruto questioned.

"Shut ip and follow me!" He ordered. "We're going back over our footprints. If we do that, it'll look to them like our footprints suddenly disappeared." He quickly jumps back onto a tree behind them.

"But, won't they notice if we do that?" Naruto leered walking back on his footprints.

"It'll buy us some time. That's enough. It'll be a matter for great celebration of our pursuers get impatient, cloud their eyes of pursuit and lose sight of the trail."

"Hurry!" Sakura says.

"We have no time!" Shikamaru shouted.

Naruto looked up to see them already accompanying Pakkun while he was still retracing his footsteps.

"Uh I-I know that!" He muttered. He quickly rushed back catching up to them.

The forest was quite lively today, the birds and animals echoed with their habitual noises. You'd get lost if you stop and embrace the scenery.

Just like they said, the Sound Ninja were ticked off, but it didn't stopped them from noticing a broken twig left from the branch Naruto had just leaped off of trying to catch up.

"Not good. Though they are on alert for ambushes, they're catching up with us slowly, but surely," Pakkun worried.

"Dammit. They're probably all Chunin or higher, we'll be wiped out if they catch us,"Shikamaru sighed.