Chapter 8

Garnet's POV....

I woke up hurting. Every muscles in my body ached, I could barely move. I grunted as I rolled out of bed, I looked down at Amethyst and sighed, Why? Why us? I lowered my head, She wouldn't be here if my mother would've given me away to my aunt. Maybe things would've been better that way...  I began to dress myself for school; a simple black t-shirt and a pair of capris (Pearl got me into 'showing more skin') I gently shook Amy saying, "Amethyst, c'mon, time to get up." 

I heard a soft mumble say okay, and she sat up slowly, looking exhausted. I felt bad for her, but she needed to go, and after last night, I want her to try to get her mind off of it. After she was dressed, I cooked eggs and bacon for breakfast. We ate in silence for my mother was on the couch. That's a change.... My mother never slept on the couch, but then again, I don't blame her for wanting to get away from that monster. 

After breakfast I washed the dishes and walked Amethyst to school. "Garnet?" I looked down at her, "Yes, Amy?"

"Are you alright?" I turned my head away and said, "I'm gonna be fine. I just need some time to think." I felt her grip my hand tighter, "I love you, Garnet." 

"I love you too, Amethyst." We walked in silence for a while until she asked, "Hey...do you think mom would give us to aunt Ruby?"  I shook my head with sadness, "No...You know the reason we don't see her right?" She shook her head, Ruby was never around unless it was a very special occasion. I sighed, "She's not allowed around us because she married her high school sweetheart; Sapphire. And you know Dad is a homophobe, that's why he yells at you." She looked down at the ground and said softly, "I'm sorry, Garnet..." I could tell she was holding back tears. I stopped and kneeled down, lifting her chin gently. "Amethyst? Are you okay? You don't have a reason to be sorry."

Tears started streaming down her cheeks, she choked out, "B-but i-if I wasn't h-here, D-dad would'nt have h-hurt-you! A-and y-you'd be h-happy!" She covered her face and began to sob, I pulled her into a tight embrace an said, "Amethyst, don't ever say that. You never asked to be made. You never asked to be put in this hell hole. But know this, as soon as I can, I'm getting the money and we're leaving. And you will never have to see this place again. And you'll be in a happier place, I promise, one day, you'll be happy." 

I held her until she gently pushed away and said, "Garnet, I'm gonna be late..." I stood and took her hand again, and once we reached the school I said, with a smiled, "Try to have a good day, okay?" I kissed her forehead and gave her one last hug good-bye.

As I walked to school, I began debating whether I should go or not, but I decided to go so I could see Pearl. As I walked, I could feel the lingering pain between my legs. I pushed the scaring new memory into the back of my mind, refusing to let it show again, but pain kept bringing it back. I trudged on, Pearl can't know...

Pearl's POV...

8:20, Garnet should be here. I'll text her real quick. I pulled my phone out discretely and texted Garnet. I sat on pins and needles waiting for her to reply, but it didn't happen. With only ten minutes left in class, I became worried. She hasn't talked to me since Rose and I dropped her off... I shook my head, I should'nt over react. That's when the door opened and Garnet walked up to the front of the class and handed the teacher her tardy slip. The teacher rolled her eyes and shooed Garnet to her desk.

I smiled when Garnet walked by, but she just lowered her head. Something was wrong. After class, I walked up to her,"Hey, Garnet...are you alright?" She turned away from me, I reached out to take her hand, but she flinched away and said quickly, "I-I don't wanna be touched right now." And she got up and left. I followed her, rushing down the halls to find her. 

Once I caught up with her, I breathed out, "G-Garnet...why are you running from me?" She had tears running down her cheeks, I hugged her tightly, but she tensed up, "Garnet tell me what happened." She tried to push away but I held on. I pressed my lips hard against hers, when I pulled away, I noticed my cheeks were wet. It broke my heart to see her like this.

She look down at the ground, and stood silently, I sighed deeply, holding back tears... She's not gonna tell me anything is she? I was about to walk away when she pulled me back into a passionate kiss, and for once I wasn't scared of being caught.

When we pulled away from each other, she said in a soft voice, "Pearl...I love you dearly, but I'm just worrying about Amethyst. I'm sorry I've been avoiding you...but I'm scared of hurting you." She hugged me again and kissed my cheek, I smiled and hugged back saying, "It's alright, love. I love you too, and please know you can tell me anything, okay?" She nodded and sniffled, and we stood there hugging each other until the principal told us to get to class.

During the day, I had a feeling Garnet was lying...but I don't want to believe my gut. I also noticed Garnet was being extremely clingy, not a such as me of course, but a lot for Garnet.

And at the end of the day I was sure she wasn't okay. But I just gotta go with for 2 weeks. That's it, just two. Then Garnet can come over and we'll be alone with no worries and she can tell me everything...

Garnet's POV...

I can't believe I lied to her...I ball-faced lied to her! I kept cursing myself as I headed home. I hated lying to Pearl but I can't tell her...

As I walked through the calm breeze, my mind wander, I wonder if Pearl just thinks about me. Like just put of the blue think how I'm doing. I know I think about her all the time. My mind started to ramble on about Pearl. Her wonderful personality, gorgeous eyes, adorable laugh and oh...that beautiful smile that just makes my day.

And that's when I reached hell. I looked up at the old, white house with disgust, Amethyst and I are getting out of here as soon as we can! Gathering my courage I walked in and saw that monster slapping my mother to the ground. He screamed, "Stupid whore, you ain't worth two shits are you?!" He spat on her, I kept my head down and ran to my room, locking my door trying. Awful memories came back and I began to cry. I need Pearl! I sobbed into my pillow, and cried out, "Peeeaaarrll..."

My love, the person who brings color to my darkened skies, why must you be so far away?