Chapter 49

Jihyun's POV
I feel like crap. I can barely breathe through my nose and I'm so cold even though I'm wearing a hoodie.

And now even though I'm up to go see the boys, I really just want to lay down again.

Soobin was laying with me. I was awake enough to realize it. He probably thinks I wasn't, but I was. Am I ok? No? I'm not sure.

I sort of remember when he came into my room, but after that I only remember when he woke me up.

I don't know what happened. I guess I was 'drunk-sick' or something? Because I never would have pulled Soobin or anyone else besides Soon to lay down with me like that. I guess I can blame it on the cold medicine.

Whatever happened, the boys have been fussing over me this whole time.

Kai has tried to stick to my side as much as he could, worried I would faint or die on them suddenly. Even though it might feel that way, I'm pretty sure that won't happen.

Soobin has been a little distant. Not enough to make everyone else notice, but I've noticed. I can't put my finger on why though.

The other boys have been clingy around me, but definitely not as much as Kai. They would stick around to make sure I had what I needed, make sure I wouldn't fall or something when I was walking around, just being careful of me.

I didn't like it.

I appreciate them trying to help me, especially since they went out and bought stuff for me. But I don't like them worrying about me the whole time.

I might be sick, but I can still function (barely).

After spending the whole day in my dorm, they decided to get some food really quickly for themselves since I had something here to eat already.

Before they left, they took a vote among themselves to decide that Soobin should stay with me while the others go out. And then they left before Soobin could really realize what had happened.

Now we're sitting on the couch watching whatever came up on the TV.

After sitting for a while, Soobin speaks up.

"J-jihyun, I'm sorry."

"Hmm?"

"I said I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For you feeling like this. It's kind of my fault because I wasn't careful that night we went out. I feel like you being sick is my fault for wanting to be out that night." He explains.

Oh.

"It's fine, Binnie. I was bound to get sick at some point this year anyway, I always am. It's also my fault, I wasn't watching the weather or anything either."

He nodded but didn't seem convinced.

"If you still feel that way then I hope you know that you're repaying for it now."

"I am?"

"You guys didn't have to come here. You could have stayed in the park and continued without me-"

"We couldn't do that, we were worried about you."

"That's what I mean. Instead of assuming I was fine, you came and checked on me. And especially since Soon had a family thing, I would be left alone here. Thank you."

Soobin looks away from me and I see his ears turn slightly red.

I settle more into the couch and continue the conversation.

"So I'm I still meeting those people next week?"

"Well yes, but only if you want to and if you think you'll be better by then."

"I'm sure I will, I should be better in a few days. I'm really curious who they are, you guys haven't told me anything about them."

"Just know that they aren't complete strangers. You'll be surprised for sure, but I think after that things should be casual." He offers.

I still got nothing. I've been trying not to dwell on this topic for too long so I wouldn't die of curiosity, but these hints didn't help.

After a bit of comfortable silence, Soobin shifts in his seat.

"Um, Jihyun, can I ask.... Have you gotten over ... Jae?"

That's random. Why would Soobin be asking about Jae?

"I think so. Looking back now there are some red flags I should have noticed, but I was too naive to see. And after the fiasco with the break up, I'm absolutely done with him. Why are you asking?"

He tenses and looks everywhere but me. "I- just ah. W-wanted to see h-how you are- you know- after t-the whole thing."

His small panic is kind of cute. Once he finished explaining himself, we both turned back to the TV to fill the awkward quiet space.

A/N:
I don't have a note today

Oh well

Next one to tomorrow.

Love you guys! 💙💛💙💛💙