Chapter 36

After deciding to go with the boys, we all walked off campus and made our way to the park to meet up with Kai.

The park is only across the street from the school, so we decided it would be ok to just walk.

As we cross the street to the park, Beomgyu and Taehyun run to the other side, Yeonjun does a funny dance across, and Soobin stays behind walking with me.

"How do you think you did on your tests?" I ask.

"I don't know, I think I did ok? It's hard to tell because the questions were so vague. How about you?"

"I think I did pretty good. We'll see if 5+ hours of studying pays of-"

"Noona! I'm so happy you came with us!" Kai shouts as he squeezes the air out of me.

"Hello to you too, Kai. C-can you let go, I need to b-breathe." I barely say.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry, noona." Kai says as he drops me. He was actually lifting me up a little, am I that small?

Once my feet are back on the ground, I stumble a little while I catch my breath. But from behind me, I feel a pair of hands on either side of my shoulders to keep me from falling.

Soobin, he-

"Did you have tests too, noona? Hyungs said they all had tests for the past few days." Kai asks.

"Y-yeah, I did too unfortunately."

"Well, now is the time to relax, noona. I've been wanting pizza for a while now and this is the perfect excuse to get some. My favorite toppings are pepperonis, but I also like Hawiian pizza too. Do you like Hawiian pizza, noona?" Kai rambles on.

Didn't he just get out of high school? How does he have so much energy to go on and on?

"I don't know, I've never really tried it before." I answer.

"Really? You need to, noona, it's really good. My hyungs all like Hawiian pizza too!" he says.

Around us, the boys all nod in agreement, except for Beomgyu. I guess he doesn't like Hawiian pizza.

We start walking towards the pizza place, which is luckily just across the park and on the other side of the road, next to the cafe.

For the entirety of the walk, Soobin stays beside me. Everyone else is behind us, talking and laughing together. And even though me and Soobin might not be talking too much, we walk together in a comfortable silence through the last stretch of the park.

When it comes to crossing the street, the boys catch up to me and Soobin as we all walk in a huddle to stay together.

Once we reach the restaurant doors, we start to walk straight to the doors before Soobin speeds up in front of us.

He opens the door and stands a little to the side, like he's opening the door for us.

The other boys stand behind me, not moving ahead. Am I supposed to go?

I start to walk forward and Soobin holds the door open a little wider for me.

When I'm inside, Soobin allows the other boys to come in before him, then he walks around to stand next to me again.

I knew Soobin was a gentleman, but this is new.

Eventually, the waiter calls us to a table and we all head to the back corner of the restaurant.

The restaurant isn't busy, which makes sense as it is only the middle of the week. All over their walls are photos and paintings of famous singers and performers from all over the world. Each picture is framed in a different wood or design.

The ceiling has fairy lights with fake vines woven with the strings to make the plants look over grown. The lights provide a nice soft glow for the otherwise dimly lit space.

Once we reach our table, the boys start to sit down in random spots. Before I can reach for my chair, a hand grabs it and pulls it back.

I look up to see Soobin shyly looking away from me and the boys as he holds my chair in place for me to sit down. He might not be looking at me, but I can clearly see his ears turn a little red even in the dim lighting.

With a familiar lightness in my upper chest, I sit in the chair while Soobin pulls out his own chair to my right.

To my left is Kai, Yeonjun is in front of me, and Beomgyu and Taehyun are on either side of Yeonjun.

After we settle, the waiter asks for our drinks and leaves us to decide what to order.

"I think we should get Hawiian."

"You always want Hawiian, Kai. We should get something different."

"But everyone here likes Hawiian."

"I'm actually in the mood for pepperoni."

"But that's basic, hyung."

"Sometimes you need to go back to the basics."

"But it's always good to try something new."

"How can it be new if we get it everytime?"

"Well, we always-"

"OK! How about we get one large Hawiian for everyone, and a medium pepperoni for those who want it?" I jump in.

I can tell, they were going to go on and on about what to get, and this was the clearest option to make everyone happy.

They all nod in agreement then quickly continue their conversation from earlier.

A/N

I kind of like this chapter, I don't know why though.

Anyway, I have three main things to say this week.

1. I'm almost done writing the end of this story (finally). When I'm completely done, I'll post a chapter a day to close this story off. After that I'll wait about a week and post the first chapter to the next one I've been working on to the side.

2. I'm officially on summer break! So I'll be able to post a bit more easily with stories and oneshots.

3. STREAM! TXT's new album is so good and I love it. My favorite song by far is 'Anti-Romantic'. Stream the MV and the songs on Spotify to support the boys!

That's it for now.

Love you guys! 💙💛💙💛💙
And HAPPY Pride Month! 🏳️‍🌈