Chapter 18

"J-jae!?" I say, but it comes out muffled due to his hand on my mouth.

He stares at me with an intensity I've only seen in a dream. With one hand over my mouth, and the other still holding my arm tightly, I can't move. And the shock I'm in isn't helping my immobility either.

After a moment, he speaks.

"Ok, I'm going to remove my hand, and you won't yell, yes?"

I nod, and he slowly removes his hand. I try to catch my breath as I see his now free hand move to the spot on the wall next to my head.

"I'm sorry to scare you, Jihyun, I just needed to talk to you and you kept avoiding me all week!" He says while getting angrier with each word.

"After you left that day, I felt so broken, and everything seemed to follow you and leave me also."

"You mean your other girlfriend left you?" I said with little interest.

"I- I'm sorry. I made a huge mistake and I need to fix it. Just let me make it up to you." He pleaded.

I gather my strength and pull my arm out of his grip and step closer to his face. "Youngjae, you cheated on me! And on our anniversary of all days! Don't think I don't see that you're trying to guilt trip me, you're the one who messed up, not me. I don't care what you say, I'm not giving you another chance to fix anything!" I say right in his face.

Jae just stands there with wide eyes, I never had yelled at him like that before.

I step back and control my breathing for a second. "It's over, Jae. I don't have anything else to tell you." I say and start to walk off.

I didn't even move 2 feet when Jae grabs my left shoulder and pushes me against the wall again with all his strength. That's gonna be bruised by tomorrow.

I wince from the pain on my shoulder, then feel Jae lean closer to my right ear.

"I don't like you talking back to me, Jihyun. Maybe you should be the one apologizing." He says darkly.

I open my mouth to protest, when I hear my name called from the alley entrance.

We both look to the left to see 5 tall boys standing on the sidewalk with a cooler, camera, and tripod stand.

I lock eyes with the tallest boy, a worried expression on his face.

"Jihyun, who is this?"

A/N

And our knights in shining armor have arrived.

I don't know why I was so excited to add the detail about the tripod, but I still am.

If it seems like Jae's emotions are all over the place, then good. That's what I wanted it to seem like 😊.

Anyway, this week I have a challenge for you. For the next week every time you wake up in the morning or from a nap, I challenge you to take about 5 minutes to do some stretches. Stretching after you wake up (especially in the morning) helps you wake up your mind faster and be physically ready for the day.

Luv you guys! 💙💛💙💛