Chapter 31

"I could have paid for the coffee since I'm the one who suggested it." I say with my arms crossed.

Soobin laughs a little and sets the two cups down on our table.

"But I'm the one who disturbed you when you were having an existential crisis by the river. This is an 'I'm sorry for disturbing your deep moment' coffee." He says.

Soobin sits down to my right in the booth as I semi-angrily take a sip from my cup.

We are set in the back corner of the cafe, in the booth next to the ceiling to floor bookshelf. Above us are a few hanging plants that grew to cling on to the corner and sides of the bookcase and window. The window to our left spans almost from the ceiling to floor.

No wonder the plants are able to grow so much, the natural light the windows let in is so beautiful and relaxing.

Going from looking out the window back to Soobin, I see he's searching the bookcase for something.

"Awe, they don't have them."

"What?"

"The Harry Potter books. I've been wanting to re-read them and they don't have them in their library." He pouts.

I giggle at his cuteness for a second.

"You're a Hufflepuff, aren't you?" I guess.

He turns to me with a surprised look. "How did you know?"

"It's obvious from the overflowing kindness, loyalty and cutenes-"

I cut myself off from saying the last word all the way. Hopefully he didn't notice.

"You think I'm cute?" He asks with a shy smile.

Heck.

"W-well .... Y-you're a giant, shy, dancing, nerd. That's pretty c-cute to me." I stutter out.

I can feel my face heating up as I wait for a response or something from him after my borderline terrible explanation.

After a moment, he smiles wider and uses his hands to cover his face from me. I guess I win?

As we both try to calm down (not really getting anywhere), I take a sip from my cup and try to strike the conversation back up.

"So you're a confirmed Hufflepuff. What house do you think I'm in?" I ask.

Soobin uncovers his face, which is still the slightest tint of red, and seems to be thinking hard about his answer.

"Ummm .... I'd say either Ravenclaw or Slytherin. Probably Ravenclaw?" He answers.

I smile. "I'm pretty sure I'm Ravenclaw. All the unofficial tests tell me one of the two, but the official test told me Ravenclaw."

He nods and takes a sip of his coffee.

We sit in silence for a minute to take in the atmosphere and each other's company.

After a moment, Soobin turns to me a little and speaks up.

"You know, I was talking to the boys earlier and we all were discussing how close we've gotten." He says.

W-we? As in who?

"Um ... we've gotten close, or...?"

"I-I mean you and our group." He corrects himself quickly.

Once he realized what I thought he meant, Soobin's hand flew up to his neck in a panic. He sure does that a lot when he's nervous.

"Oh, yeah I guess we have, haven't we?" I respond back.

"W-we were talking about how you and I only met about a week ago. And how you and the guys only met earlier this week and yet we all kind of became friends already." He finishes.

I take in what he says and laugh at my thought.

"Well, standing up to my ex was one way to become closer as friends, don't you think?" I ask with a small laugh.

Soobin laughs a little also and nods.

At this time, his hand is still in its place on his neck. While his hand is there, moving from time to time to keep his nerves down, his arm is loose and resting on the table.

Suddenly, Soobin's face lights up as he remembers something.

"Oh, by the way, I need to ask you a favor." He starts.

I put down my cup from taking a sip and nod for him to continue.

"U-um.. you d-don't have to agree if you don't want to or if you're busy. But, do you happen to have experience with film, or just holding a camera?" He asks.

I think back to grade school.

"I filmed a few videos and presentations in high school if that's what you mean." I offer.

He nods. "Yeah, that's fine. Um... I was just asking because the group has to film some videos for our Youtube channel and we don't want to use a tripod stand for much longer. We're trying to up our production a little bit." He explains.

"Oh, you want me to record for you guys?" I ask.

He nods with a small apologetic smile, as if he's being a burden to me.

I smile at him. "It's no trouble, I can help you guys out whenever you need me. When are you gonna do it?"

"Next weekend. I-if you're busy then it's fine, we can figure it out." I says quickly.

"Binnie, my only other friend is Soon. And she's always out anyway. I'm free, don't worry about me." I assure him.

When I get a clear look at his face, he looks almost as if he's seen a ghost.

"What?"

"Y-you called me B-binnie." I stutters.

I realize what I said. I wasn't paying attention to what I was saying before, so I didn't know I called him that. Way to mess things up, Jihyun.

"Oh, I-I'm sorry. I d-didn't realize what I said-"

"N-no, it's ok! No one's ever called me that before, it's cute." He says with a smile.

Cute? He thinks the name is cute? I guess he likes it then.

We both take a sip from our cups. Hopefully this coffee time will be less awkward for the both of us.

A/N

That was so awkward, I'm sorry for putting you through that.

I don't have much to say this week, so make sure to eat and take care of yourself. I just want to remind you: You're doing great, you've made it this far and you can keep pushing to go forward. I know I've needed someone to tell me that every once in a while.

Love you guys! 💙💛💙💛💙💛