Chapter 45

Still Soobin's POV
After gathering all our equipment from the park, the boys and I started walking to Jihyun's dorm building.

Along the way Kai tried to calm down a bit and the others started reassuring him that everything was fine. Meanwhile, I started thinking of what could have kept Jihyun from coming.

She wouldn't have bailed on us, right?

Did something important come up?

Did she forget?

Did Jae stop her?

If Jae is involved in this, things won't end very well.

Coming up to the front door of the building, the boys start to head inside but stop in the middle of the hall.

I stop with them in confusion. "Why did you stop?"

"We don't know where we're going. You walked her back Thursday night, right? Don't you know where her dorm is, hyung?" Taehyun says.

Right.

I nod and motion them to follow me to the elevator.

A couple minutes later, I walk ahead of everyone else to Jihyun's door.

I pause before knocking on the door a few times.

After a second, the door opens and Jihyun's friend comes out with a coat and her purse.

"What are you guys here for?"

"W-we wanted to see if Jihyun was ok. She was supposed to meet us at the park today." I stuttered.

She straightens out her stance. "She's not in the best condition right now."

I hear Kai gasp behind me and the others shuffle in anticipation.

"W-what's wrong with her?"

She crossed her arms and tilted her head at us. "She stayed out on Thursday night when it was cold and raining. Then she came home yesterday looking pale and with a fever. She has a cold, idiots." She says while standing taller to match our heights.

We've met Jihyun's friend before, once at the park. That's when she was threatening Jae which was kind of scary because she looked like she really would take action. So her trying to stand up to our height is adding to her intimidating effect.

I step back away from her. "I-I'm s-sorry. We didn't know she was sick. She looked fine at the school."

"Well you should have thought about health when you guys were out the other day. Who else would she be out with so late? One of you is part of the reason for her feeling this way now." She says, raising her voice a bit.

We all shuffle back a little to stay away from the scary lady. Kai shakes off his worry and speaks up.

"We're sorry, n-noona. We didn't mean to get her sick, but we're here now. Please let us in so we can see Jihyun noona." He said shyly.

She looks back into the dorm and around the hall while in thought.

"Fine, you guys can go in. I know she really trusts you guys, so maybe I should try to also. I can't stay though, I have an important family thing to tend to. If you really want to stay and help, I'll give you the code to our door so you can go in and out." She says, leading us into the dorm.

Their dorm was actually really well put together, there wasn't much mess around which is more than I can say for ours. The TV was bigger than an average college student could probably afford, and their couch looks really comfy. Guess that means they like to lounge a lot.

Jihyun's friend stops at the kitchen counter and points to a cabinet.

"We have a bit of medicine in there, but it's not enough to last her until tonight. It would help if you could get more medicine, if you don't mind. Here is the code to the door if you need it." She writes the code on a sticky note and looks at the time on her phone. "Oh, I have to go now. She's in that room. Make sure to keep that thin sheet on her, no thick blankets. No dairy. And no sweets." She says before rushing out of the front door.

That leaves us in their dorm alone with Jihyun in her room. We stand still for a bit in the awkward silence since we were left in a space that is new and not ours. After a moment, I break the silence and decide what we should do.

"Ok well, one of us should probably go check on her right? So we aren't crowding the room?" I ask.

Yeonjun nods. "Yeah, go do that."

"W-what?"

"You were the one who wanted to stay out that day. How are you not sick too from being out in the cold rain? You go check on her and we'll go get her some medicine and hot soup." He says.

At least they'll do something. I nod as they start to make their way out of the dorm to go to the corner store.

I turn back to the small hallway and slowly move towards Jihyun's door.

A/N:
I don't have any notes today for some reason.

Oh well.

Next chapter tomorrow!

Love you guys! 💙💛💙💛💙