Nightmares

Alastor x fem! reader
Request by: AllisonTart

Warning: mention of death, gore in graphic detail...

•fluff☁

Alastor's POV:

My ears rang. (Y/N) torso arm was snapped and viciously, roughly sawed off. Her screams echoed through the room. Her blood spewed from her gushed from gashes, openings, and amputated parts of her.

Just a minute ago they were smiling.
Just a minute ago things were fine.
Just a minute ago they were happy, I was happy, she was laughing.

Her body made a 'thud' as it hit the floor. She was gone. Mutilated, and contorted crudely. Her face was so harshly scratch and scraped, it was almost unrecognizable. Almost because I watched it helplessly. I rattled against the bars and tugged at the chains that restrain me. If only I could have got to my cane in time. If only I had done better at protecting her. If looks could kill Vox would be killed 10 times over. He would suffer worst than (Y/N). He'd be kept alive and healed just to go through it again for the rest of eternally.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I sat up in (Y/N) and my bed waking up in our darkroom. Tears spilled from my eyes and stained my cheeks while I was breathing heavily. My chest heaved as if I was doing something strenuous. I frantically looked around the room, there was a sticky note on (Y/N)'s nightstand. It read: "in the library~"I grabbed my robe and headed to find my love. I wiped my face and headed down the hallway of the many rooms. Till I reached the dimly lit Library room.

I walked up to her slumped-over form. She was sitting at the smaller table with a stack of 2 books sitting to the left of her. I wrapped my arms around waist her and put my head on her shoulder. It startled her.
" Oh- Al, you scared me," she placed her over her chest where her heart would be. I stayed quiet, I buried myself deeper into her scent.
"Al, are you okay?" She asked, "Bad dream?" She knows me too well.
I remained silent.
"I'll take that as a yes," she gets up and puts away her books.
"C'mon," she grabs my hand and leads me back up to our shared room.

She sat down and I followed, sitting down. I laid my head down on her lap.

"You wanna tell me about it?" Her voice was low and sweeter than honey, " it's okay if you don't."
"No, it's fine ill tell," I whispered.
Her fingers soothingly ran through my hair. I started to explain my nightmare, sparing no detail.
"Hmm, well it's okay now, I'm right here," she moved her hand to my cheek. I leaned into her warm touch. With anyone else, this would be sickening. Why does someone as good as her love a monster like myself?
"Y/N, My love," I whisper, bearing audible, "Stay with me I can't lose my reason to smile."
"You won't, I promise," she caresses my cheek with her thumb.

"Can you sing for me?" I asked.
"Of course,"

"I don't want to set the world on fire"
Her voice melodically rang out

" I just want to start a fire in your heart,"

I got lost in her voice. It was everything.

"In my heart I have but one desire,
And that one is you, no other will do,"

My eyelids grew heavy, and my breathing slowed down.

"I've lost all ambition for worldly acclaim, I just want to be the one you love,"

Her hand was back, combing through my hair.

"And with your admission that you feel the same, I'll have reached the goal I'm dreaming of,"

Things were comfortable, peaceful.

"Believe me, I don't want to set the world on fire, I just wanna start a flame in your heart"

A/N: I know Alastor died before that song came out but it is just too sweet. Plus I love that song