7➟ In which I get air-lifted to work.

It didn't take long before Lelija and I left the house, starting on our way back to her own. She'd been so kind to help clear up before leaving too- I was starting to think she was an angel in disguise.

I wouldn't be surprised, she was so nice and kind. I'd been mesmerised by her when I first met her, and now, after spending more time with her, I was beginning to see just how great she was all around.

"So, how long have you been living in that apartment for then?" She asked, her eyes meeting mine.

"Since I was a kid," I answered, "practically my whole life actually."

She has this aura about her; so trusting.

"Wow, really? Did it belong to your parents then?"

"No, I don't know my parents. It's actually let to me by my boss."

"Sounds like a nice guy." She smiled.

I smiled back, "yeah, he really is, gave me a fresh start after-" my voice faltered, as did my smile.

Did I...?

Was I about to tell her about the commission?

No, I couldn't, that makes no sense. I haven't told anyone about that.

I shook myself out of my thoughts, she's just asking a simple question there's no need to get paranoid idiot, "He gave me a job and a house when I was struggling, I owe a lot to the man."

"It really sounds like it," she was still smiling, she hadn't stopped actually, not since I'd woken up, she seemed so positive and confident- the kind of personality you couldn't help but be drawn into, "So does everyone call you N/N then? Not by your real name?"

"My real name?" I quirked an eyebrow.

"Yeah. What is it?" Her question was straight to the point this time, no dancing around it.

I want to answer it.

"Y/-" I was cut off by the sound of wings and a strange feeling- it felt as if some type of mist had been lifted from infront of my eyes.

"Lelija! N/N! Found you guys," Hawks landed in front of us, nodding to a couple of girls who were walking nearby, their eyes now wide when they realised the hero was actually there and had smiled at them. He was in his usual hero attire, I guess his work never really did stop- well, other than when it came to stalking old friends and late-night drunk calls-.

The voice he projected was cheery, but the look in his eyes conveyed something completely different when he looked at me.

When had he gotten here?

I looked around, suddenly aware of my surroundings and now completely confused as to where I was.

A few seconds ago I was sitting at my kitchen counter, next to Kaji while Lelija was making breakfast.

How had I gotten out into the street?

"-N/N what's wrong?" Hawks looked even more annoyed than he did a few seconds ago, "Trying to act like you don't see me?"

"I'm..." I trailed off, noting everything.

Lelija was there but Kaji wasn't. Where did he go?

Maybe I was just tired from last night?

It didn't feel like that though.

Something felt really off.

"... Sorry, I don't know what just happened," I muttered, looking up at him and meeting his eyes, "I... I think I'm just a bit tired."