Luffy x F!Reader | Who are you? Pt. 3

Request? Yes

Word count: 877

🌹_______________🌹_______________🌹

"We used to spend entire nights here, just talking and counting the stars"
He chuckled.

"What? Remembered something funny?"

"Hm mh. But it's a secret."

"Not cool man."
You crossed your arms and sulked jokingly.

He got closer, almost kissing your cheek out of habit, but stopping in time.

He cleared his voice and rubbed his neck in embarrassment.
"Sorry.. I.. this is still difficult for me."

"Don't be sorry, i understand that this whole situation is putting a lot of weight on your shoulders, but it's the same for me.

Forgetting the most important parts of your life.. it's something i wouldn't even wish on my worst enemy.

Every day i see you i wonder what kind of things we used to do.
How much time i'm making you waste, i wish i could remember you, but all I'm doing is making you suffer, not only you, but also all of our friends.

I feel so useless..."

He gently put his hand on your cheek.

"You're not useless, okay?
You saved... nevermind.
I love you, even if you can't remember all the things we have done, i don't care.
I can't lie to you and say that it doesn't hurt me, but at least you're still here, and that's the only thing that matters."

You sat on the roof for a while, at one point you took Luffy's hand in yours.

"I promise i'll work harder to remember, this is as important to me as it is to you."

He could hear and feel the sincerity in your voice, his eyes started watering.

You hugged him, and just like you had done with Nami, you let him cry on your shoulder.

You traced random patterns on his back with the point of your fingers, sending shivers down his spine, whispering sweet comforting words in his ears.

It took him some time to calm down.
That touching moment was interrupted by Luffy's stomach growling.

You two bursted out laughing like kids.

"Let's go ask Sanji for a snack mr Monkey."

You playfully punched him and held on tight on his torso as he jumped and lowered you slowly to touch the deck's floor.

The days went by and you still couldn't remember a thing.

Everyone was still working hard to help you.

Nami and Robin spent the majority of the day with Chopper, trying to find some useful information on one of his medical books.

Sanji tried cooking all your favourite foods, the ones that you had discovered while traveling with them.

Even Zoro spent less time then usual working out, he couldn't do much but he still tried.

Usopp and Franky created miniatures of all the places you had been in.

And how could we forget about Brook?

Making dad jokes and playing relaxing musix.

You didn't understand how that could help you, but you still appreciated his effort.

Thanks to Chopper the giant scars that traced your back were almost completely gone, you could still see them but it was better then before.

They didn't bother you too much, especially since every time you felt self conscious about them, Luffy was quick to tell you how cool they made you seem, and that those scars meant the world to him.

You still didn't remember what had happened that day, when you lost your memory.
All that you knew was that those scars were in some way connected to your loss.

You felt like a small child when adults give them those giant puzzles and they have no idea of where they should begin or where they had left all the pieces.

It was so weird, you could remember your name, your family, your old house and the village you grew up in.
In short, erything up to the moment you saw the Straw Hat Crew for the first time, the rest was a mystery.

What is this?

You were searching through what they told you were your belongings, and hidden underneath a pile of clothes was a small book.

A handwritten book, or even better, a diary.

You recognised that handwriting as yours.

Perfect, please myself, don't let me down. Tell me you wrote something useful.

You sat on your bedside table, scrolling through your diary.

Every page was an old memory that you got back, it was such a weird feeling, a combination of cringe for the way you fangirled over every little thing Luffy did, and nostalgia.

Some of the things you described gave you a sense of déjà vu, which was a good sign.

You decided to keep it close, so that you could keep reading it at all times.

You heard a knock on your door and saw Nami standing there.

"Can i come in?"

"Yeah, of course.. uhm sorry i didn't have time to make my bed today... hehe."

"That's the last thing i would worry about, anyway, i found something. I think it culd help you."

You took a look at the book Nami had brought.

"Hypnosis..."
You read out loud.
"Do you think it might work?"

"I hope so."

"But we don't know anyone that know how to hypnotize someone.. or we do?"

"I think i have someone in mind.. wait here while i go talk to Luffy."