Haruta x F!Reader | I'll make my own destiny.

Word count 3286
Request? Yes, and a long time ago too (sorry♡ ^^")

WARNING
This chapter contains spoilers from episode 461.
kinda angst-y, but fluff rowards the end.

Please remember to like to support this "book".

This chapter is extremely long, but for a good reason that i'll explain at the end because it's freaking long too lol.

Enjoy^^ (and forgive any mistakes you will find, this thing is huge and every time i read it i find a new typo 😶)

🐻_______________🐻________________🐻

You will forever be grateful to your captain, Ace.

He had saved you from a life of misery, he had given you a home, food, protection.. and you swore to yourself to become stronger.

You wanted to be a useful member of the spade pirates, a useful member to Ace.

He was like a weird mix of a brother and an idol, someone you loved like a brother and at the same time looked up to.

So when he refused Whitbread's offer to join him you knew what was going to happen, and oh boy where you ready.

It was like you had trained all that time just for that moment, the moment you would take down some real enemies and finally protect your captain.

However, this time... things didn't go as planned.

First with the heated fight against Jinbe, which consisted in you feeling useless and of not being able to intervene and help your captain for five whole days.

In the end they both collapsed like kids, and even throughout the agitation of the moment, you wondered how he had been able to find the strength to fight for that long.

After that exhausting battle you hoped that you would at least be able to prove yourself as the strong fighter you knew you were, but again, life had something else in mind for you.

Whitebeard and his crew made their appearance, and from the look he was giving, you knew he wasn't there to chat in front of some hot tea and biscuits.

"Where's the kid who wants to take my head?"

A chill run down your spine, he was talking about your captain.

All of you never tried to stop him whenever he would challenge the Whitebeard pirates, or when he would burn down his jolly roger in every island you visited, sometimes  almost getting killed in the process.

You hoped that at least Ace would let you back him up against such a strong opponent, but that hot-headed captain of yours cared too much about all of you and decided to put up a wall to protect you, and yes, i mean literally.

He created a real wall of fire, making it impossible for you to reach him.

"Run away!"

You heard Ace shout from the other side of the fire.
Having no way of knowing how he was doing made your blood boil.

You still had to pay off your debt to him, and you had no intention of giving up.

That's why you had the great idea of trying to run past the fire, but your crewmates stopped you.

"What the hell do you think you're doing? Even if you managed to run past that thing, do you think you'd get out unscathed?"

You ran your hands through your locks in frustration and sat down.