Cheater!Luffy x F!Reader | Lies [Bad ending]

Request? yes

*WARNING*

Angst.

1103 words.

🔞______🔞_______🔞_______🔞______🔞

You looked at Luffy's pleading eyes.

Was he seriously expecting you to forgive what he did so easily?

No, you weren't just a toy that he could use, abandon and then come back to when he didn't have anything better to do.

You were a human and you had feelings, there was no way you were going to come back with someone like him.

You had given him a chance at the beginning of your relationship, and if he had thrown it away was his problem, not yours.

You had respected him, loved him.. and how did he repay you? By cheating on you? Hah.

You had seen that pleading eyes plenty of times, so many that now they didn't effect you at all.

"If you really love me as much as you're saying then why did you cheat on me?"

"What? Cat got your tongue?"

He kept crying his eyes out.

"I.. i don't want you to go away.. i"

"Too late, should have thought about it before cheating on me."

"Stop crying, that won't change anything"

For someone who didn't have any idea of what was going on you might have seemed like a heartless woman in front of a poor crying young man.

But from your perspective you were just repaying him with his own medicine.

"A rotten tooth needs to be pulled out"
(If you got that reference i love you)

You came back to your ship that same night.

Everyone was ready to sail.
You had said your goodbyes to your friends who had helped you through all the suffering your ex had put you through.

You would miss them so much, but you figured it would be for the best.

You needed to get away from him as soon as possible. This time to hopefully never see him again.

Now you only had one goal in mind, one little whim you wanted to satisfy, and that was to beat Luffy on his same dream.

You were strong, had a fantastic crew that would follow you throw anything without batting an eye, you were positive.

You knew you could do it, and you were sure that you didn't need him or any other man to conquer that dream.

....

But then you realized something.

Well more like Lara, your crew's dancer, made you open your eyes and understand how crazy you were being.

"(Y/n).. think about it this way.. how can i make you understand it..

Hmm"

You were sitting on her bad, it was a chilly night outside and you two were sharing the warmth in her room, which was the closer to the little boiler your ship had.

"Why do you want to find the One Piece?"

"Easy, to beat that idiot."

She sighed.
"So that means that finding that treasure is not your dream, right?"

"Well.. now that you make me think about it.. no. It had never been.. i just wanted to find it because i loved him and wanted to see him happy."

"So now you want to steal his own dream just to make him sad?"

"That was the plan."

"So you were going to waste your entire life trying to find a treasure you're not even sure exists while putting your life in danger ONLY to beat your ex in a competition that he doesn't even know exists....
Correct me if i'm wrong, but wouldn't it be like making your life rotate around him?"

She was right.
That made you chuckle, she reminded you of Sanji in so many ways.

She had always been there for you, juat like him.. and she was always ready to give you the best hugs, a thing that Sanji had to get used to, while Lara had always been able to hug you without staining your clothes with blood.

She was amazing and in the blink of and eye she had become your best friend and councilor.

You had abandoned that crazy idea of finding the One Piece, and had concentrated on something more concrete, which was just doing what you loved the most.

Fighting other pirates.

You started to think of a new job, that still involved fighting pirates, but that didn't make you a wanted criminal and made finding a place to buy food, where you could go inside without being thrown out, easier.

Maybe a bounty hunter?

No, that wasn't a good idea.
You had heard of what happened to Zoro and you knew that by doing that nothing would change.

You would still have other hunters behing your tail, as well as marines and pirates.

That left you with one last choice... You took a huge turn, from being a pirate to becoming one of the most feared marines the Grand Line had ever seen.

Your new goal? Becoming one of the seven warlords.
You had been a pirate, and not a simple pirate worth just a few berries, a notorious one.
You were determined to reach your new dream.

This time your choice was not influenced by someone else, it was your decision, and you weren't alone.

You had your new family right there beside you, ready to always support you and put you in the right path when needed.

You had been so surprised when they told you that they were going to help you become a marine.

You thought they despised them..

But they protected you while you made your way to the first marine base you saw.

They helped you prove to those marines that you were a bomb in hand-to-hand combat.

.............

After a few years of officially being a part of the marines you had finally forgotten about Luffy... even if in the back of your mind you knew that you would hear about him again.

But this time you will be ready to face him, not as someone you love, not as your ex or someone you despise, but as an enemy worth fighting.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Love has a thousand different shapes and forms, sometimes we mistake something else as love and we find it in the wrong person, but other times we find true love in our friends, the ones that are always with you whenever you need them.

You smiled at Lara while she shared with you an old saying from her birthplace.

"Whoever finds a friend finds a treasure."

You're right Lara.. you thought.

"I'm glad to have you, treasure"

You hugged your best friend, the sun setting behind you creating the perfect scenery for that touching moment.

The end.