Plan B- War

(Hayley's POV) 

Jules woke up from her nap calling for her dad, he called up to us "Hayley please grab her, Rebekah is calling." I went to Jules's room and saw her sitting on her bed crying, I picked her up and said "How about a snack?" she said, "I want daddy." I sat down on her bed with her on my lap "I know munchkin, but daddy is busy right now." she sighed "Daddy is always busy." I kissed her head "Sometimes daddy has to do grown-up things, but when he is done, I know he will love to hang out with you. But for now, why don't we get a snack?" she smiled "Strawberries?" I said "Of course, and if we don't have any, we will go buy some." her face lit up and she slid off my lap and ran for the stairs. I laughed and chased the toddler down the stairs and to the kitchen, I scooped her up making her giggle.

I set her on the counter before opening the fridge and pulling out the strawberries, I also poured her some juice. We ate the strawberries and then went to play in the living room while I listened in on Klaus and Rebekah. Sophie said "Are you out of your mind? No way." Rebekah said "It's very simple... We need you to perform a teeny, tiny locator spell to help us find our brother." Sophie scoffed "Witches who practice magic in this town get caught, and then they get killed." Klaus said "Yes, about that. It seems you left out a crucial detail when we made our deal... Marcel's secret weapon, the way he knows when a witch is using magic..." Rebekah said "Girl about yea high, cute as a button, anger issues?" 

Sophie said "Davina? Where have you seen her?" Rebekah said "I don't know. The little brat erased my memory right after she threw me out a window with her bloody mind." Klaus said "Let me cut to the chase. Davina has Elijah. You witches, I assume, want to get Davina away from Marcel. We don't know where she is. Ergo, we need magic." Sophie said, "Davina would sense it." Rebekah said "Unless, of course, another witch... say, a traitor to the cause, Katie for example... was to perform much more powerful magic at the same time. That would create a smokescreen, concealing your very small spell from Davina." Sophie said, "Katie doesn't deserve to die." Klaus got pissed and said "Sophie Deveraux! You're in no position to be so principled. You can't win a war without a few strategic losses, no matter how regrettable they may be. How many times have the vampires been one step ahead, knowing something they shouldn't? Your sister, executed in the public square for practicing magic..." I managed to grab Jules as she pushed open the door and said "Daddy?" 

I said "Sorry, she heard you yelling." he held his arms out for her, so I took her over and handed her to him as he said "Who knew she'd be caught? Did she even attempt to flee?" Sophie said "...She was caught hiding in a cargo hold of a freighter before it set sail down the Mississippi. Klaus said, "And who, pray tell... of Marcel's valued inner circle... manages his business at the docks?" Sophie sighed "Katie's boyfriend, Thierry." Sophie was dismissed and Klaus went to a party with Marcel, and Rebekah went to get a distraction. 

With them gone, I was entrusted with Jules, so I fed her mac and cheese for dinner and dressed her in this.

I put little floaties on her and we went out to the pool, I walked around the pool as she splashed in it. I heard a noise so I stepped towards it while keeping an eye on the baby. I was staring at a wolf when I heard a voice behind me "You're not supposed to be out here." I turned around and saw a girl so I said "Who are you?" as I grabbed Jules by the arm to pull her behind me. The girl said "Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I'm Sabine. We met. I'm one of Sophie's friends." I said, "You're one of the witches." Sabine said "Sophie just asked me to come to keep you company while everyone's out. You know, it's drawn to you. The child you're carrying is part vampire, part werewolf. You and Klaus made something special, just as special as the Heiress."  

I said "The Heiress?" Sabine said "The child in your hand. Julianne is known as the Mikaelson Heiress." I picked her up and said "You sound like Elijah. He thinks this baby, is going to help this one make us one big, happy family, but now he's gone and I don't even know what... it is." Sabine said "You know, I can do something about that if you want. I mean, find out if it's a boy or girl." I said "I thought you couldn't do witchy stuff around here." she said, "It's not magic, just an old trick my grandmother taught me. Come on. You have to be a little curious."

...

I was sitting at the desk typing but I had Jules asleep in my lap because when I went to lay her down she started to cry. Klaus came in and said "Hey, where is Jules? She wasn't in her room." I said "Yeah, she cried every time I tried to lay her down." he looked down at where I was looking and smiled when he saw his sleeping daughter. He picked her up holding her to his chest and said "I thought you might like to know, Elijah is returning to us." I said "Congratulations. I guess being diabolical has its perks." he said "You hardly know him, and yet you miss him. What is it about my brother that always inspires such instant admiration?" I hesitated "He was kind to me." 

(Klaus' POV)

I thought about what she said for a second before turning to leave. She said "Hey, I learned something today. I think it's a girl." She smiled at me and I smiled back, I left the room I called Cami over to talk I was staring at a picture, holding my sleeping baby in my arms. Cami was smiling at her and said "Is she yours?" I said "Yeah, this is Jules she is 3. My siblings and I are the first vampires in all of history, the Originals. Three hundred years ago, we helped build New Orleans. Now, we have returned to find the city has a new king who rules with the aid of a powerful girl. They've taken possession of my brother, Elijah. A coven of witches wants this girl for themselves. They seek to enlist my help, using my unborn child as leverage, though I suspect they have ulterior motives. So, I've made a plan of my own: I will free my brother, and reclaim the city for my family. Then, I will be king. She will be a princess. Throughout my life, I've encountered no shortage of those who would presume to speak of good and evil. Such terms mean nothing. People do what is in their best interest, regardless of who gets hurt. Is it evil to take what one wants? To satisfy hunger, even if doing so will cause another suffering? What some would call evil, I believe to be an appropriate response to a harsh and unfair world."

Cami said "No offense, but I'm not sure I follow why you've invited me here." I smiled at her "Because I enjoy your company. And, I sense that you have the capacity for understanding someone of my... complexity. You see, I returned to New Orleans to investigate a threat posed against me. What I found was a young woman, pregnant, in need of protection. My brother, always the do-gooder, tried to manipulate me into helping her... he thought it might redeem me. Trouble is, I've since learned of another young woman... a girl, really, one with vast potential... held in captivity by a tyrant. I want to help both of these women... protect one and free the other. So, tell me, Cami... does that sound evil to you?"Cami said "I don't believe in evil as a diagnosis. I think you have unstable personal relationships, stress-related paranoia, chronic anger issues, fear of abandonment. I think you could benefit from talking to someone. Professionally." 

I smiled in amusement "I think I prefer to talk to you. So, I'm going to offer you a job as my stenographer." she said "Okay. What are we writing?" I said "My memoirs, of course. Someone should know my story. And, it will give us time to discuss other riveting subjects, like your handsome suitor, Marcel." she said "Excuse me? My private life is..." I cut her off "Your private life is, as it turns out, essential to my plans. You see, Marcel wants you. And, because of that, he will trust you, which serves me. The thing is, the French Quarter is on the verge of war. On the one side there's me, and on the other, Marcel. Along with a very powerful witch and an army of vampires. "She freaked out "WHAT?" which startled Baby Girl awake I sped to Cami and pushed her against the wall and said "You're frightened. Don't be." she said "I'm not scared anymore. That's... amazing. How did you...?" She grabbed Jules from me as I said "It's called compulsion. It's a neat bit of vampire trickery. I'll tell you all about it. But first, let's talk a little more about Marcel."