Hayley is home

I finally caught up to him and said "Niklaus." Klaus said, "It's a trick, Elijah." I said "No, brother. It's a gift. It's your chance... it's our chance." he said, "To what?" I said "To start over. Take back everything we lost, everything that was taken from us. Niklaus, our own parents came to despise us. Our family was ruined... we were ruined. And since then, all that you have ever wanted... all that we have ever wanted was a family." he said "I will not be manipulated. Besides we have Jules, speaking of, where is my baby?" I blocked his escape path and said "So they're manipulating you. So what? With them, this girl and her child... your child... live. Yes, you have Nikki but imagine how happy she'll be with a little brother or sister to play with." Klaus said, "Elijah I will only ask this one more time, where is my daughter?" I sighed "The witches put a spell on the tomb, so when I took her in there she could leave, but when you took her in there she was trapped. Hayley is protecting her."  

Klaus said "I'm gonna kill every last one of them." he shoved me away but I sped in front of him and said "And then what? Then you return to Mystic Falls to resume your life as the hated one, as the evil hybrid? Is it so important to you that people quake with fear at the sound of your name?" Klaus said "People quake with fear because I have the power to make them afraid. What will this child offer me? Will it guarantee me enough power to protect Jules?" I said "Family is power, Niklaus. Love, loyalty... that's power. This is what we swore to one another a thousand years ago, before life tore away what little humanity you had left, before ego, before anger, before paranoia created in this person before me someone I can barely even recognize as my own brother. This is us, the Original family, and we remain together, always and forever. I am asking you to stay here. I will help you and I will stand by you. I will be your brother. We will build a home here together. So save this girl. Save your child. I have full confidence you will love this child just as fiercely as you love your little princess."

Klaus whispered "No." and walked away. I sighed and made my way back to the tomb my niece is stuck at I heard a witch say "What makes you think you can control the hybrid?" I said "She can't. I'm not entirely certain that I can, either. But now that your coven has trapped his daughter you have drawn his ire, I have a question: What prevents my brother from murdering you instead of cooperating?" Sophie stabbed her hand with a needle making Hayley say "Ow! What the hell!?" Sophie said "The spell my sister performed, the one that got her killed? It didn't just confirm the pregnancy. It linked me to Hayley. So anything that happens to me, happens to her, which means her life is in my hands. Klaus may not care about his own child, but it's very clear what it already means to you. If I have to hurt Hayley... or worse... to ensure that I have your attention, I will." I was slightly amused "You would dare threaten an Original?"

Sophie said "I have nothing to lose. You have until midnight to get Klaus to change his mind, another thing to sway him is that the daughter he is so fond of can't leave until he does as I ask and she is part witch so if he never helps then we could use her." Hayley hugged her close, I kissed her head before trying to find my brother again.  

(Hayley's POV)

Since Klaus's baby can't leave the tomb and neither can I, Elijah trusted me with her. I took the job seriously because she is only 3, she is innocent in anything her family has done, she is also my baby's big sister and I want them to have a relationship with each other. Agnus said "His time is up. What're you gonna do now, Sophie?" Sophie said, "I'm gonna do what I said was gonna do." Sabine said "What, kill the girl? Kill yourself? Then what of the Mikaelson Heiress?" Agnus said "Klaus does not care about the child. Though I suspect he will be back for the heiress." Elijah said "He most currently will, but I care for the other child as well." he came in carrying a body. Jules was awake as he said, "And I bring proof of my intent to help you: the body of your fallen friend, which I procured from Marcel himself." He laid the body down before coming over to me. I handed him, his niece as Sophie said "Jane-Anne." 

Elijah said "May she be granted peace. Klaus will agree to your terms. I just need a little more time." Agnus said "You had your time. It's passed." Sabine said, "Shut up, Agnes." Elijah said "For now, accept the deal. The girl and the child remain unharmed, or Klaus will kill you all. And I will help him." He kissed the baby's head and whispered to her "Protect Hayley for me and daddy." she smiled and reached for me, so I grabbed her and he left again. We watched as they buried the girl and I had fallen asleep with Jules on a pile of blankets they gave us. 

I woke up to someone trying to take the baby from me, so I tightened my hold on her and looked up expecting to see a witch trying to snatch her, but I looked up into Elijah Mikaelson's eyes. He had his hands on Jules as he was the one trying to take her from me, so I let go of her, letting him take her. He laid her head on his shoulder holding her to his chest. He wrapped a leather jacket around her then held his hand down for me. I took his hand letting him pull me to my feet, he said "Come on." he led me to a mansion and we went inside he said "Klaus agreed to help them so you will live here with us. Your room will be this one." he opened a door for me to walk in. I pulled a sheet off a crib and coughed as dust flew around. 

Elijah said, "Are you alright?" I said "Just dust. This place is ancient." Elijah said "Yes, it should serve our purposes. It's a sanctuary from our business in the Quarter. Right now, other than Jules you are the most important person in this family. You need a good home. So I'm curious... in all this time, has anyone asked you how you feel?" I said, "About having a miracle baby with a psychotic one-night-stand?" Elijah said, "About being a mother." I walked to him and ran my fingers through Jules's hair and said "I... I was abandoned when I was born and my adoptive parents kicked me out the second that I turned into a wolf. So... I don't really know how I feel about being a mother because I... I never really had a good one. However, if my baby is as cute and sweet as this little princess then it will be amazing. She is absolutely perfect." I caressed her little face and he said "Yes she is. I will always protect you. You have my word on that."

Klaus came in and said "And noble Elijah always keeps his word." he took his daughter from Elijah and when he smiled down at his tiny little toddler he didn't look like a psychotic hybrid, he looked like any normal father who was enthralled with his little princess and I can only hope he will feel the same way with our baby. Elijah said, "Is it done?" Klaus said "As a matter of fact, yes. Your underhanded deal worked quite well. Marcel was only too happy to accept my blood even as he accepted my heartfelt apologies. His man, Thierry, yet lives, and I remain a welcome guest in the French Quarter. My only concern now is this coven of impudent witches." Elijah said "I believe them to be honorable. They did release Hayley to me. Although, they haven't been entirely forthcoming. Marcel obviously has something that they need. They don't want him dead. There must be a reason why."