Auntie Bex

(Klaus' POV) 

After I staked my brother, I laid down with Jules. In the morning I dressed her in this.

Then I fed her breakfast and took her to hang out for the day, she had a nap at noon and when night fell we went to see Marcel

Then I fed her breakfast and took her to hang out for the day, she had a nap at noon and when night fell we went to see Marcel. He took one look at her and said "Who is that?" I said, "This is my daughter Julianne we call her either Jules or Nikki, Jules this is my old friend Marcel." She waved and said "Hi Marcel," he said, "Is bringing her around vampires smart?" I said, "Well, you have her babysitter in a coffin." Marcel said, "Can I hold her?" I weighed my options and handed her over. He said "The city of New Orleans... people of all stripes and flavors from all over the country come here to party on our streets. Some are just looking for fun... some are looking for something a little darker, more dangerous. So, we invite them into my home and we give it to them. Then, at the stroke of midnight, everything changes, and it's time to feed. This is how I keep my guys happy: the occasional, all-you-can-eat buffet. My night-walkers love it. I've got 'em working hard, trying to earn one of these daylight rings. They deserve to blow off a little steam. My day-walkers, the trusted few... they just like the party."

I said "It's quite an operation. Tell me... what about the victims? Seems like a lot of graves to dig." Marcel said "Can't kill 'em all. Too many folks go missing, tourism drops. So, we heal them with a little vamp blood, erase their memory, send them on their way... no muss, no fuss." I said
"I'm impressed." Marcel said, "Nothing I didn't learn from you back in the day."  Thierry came over and said "Marcel." Marcel said "Sup, Thierry?" Thierry said "Six of our guys were killed in a bar outside of the Quarter. Night-walkers. No one saw who." I have a small suspicion my dear little sister is in town. I just hope Marcel does not find out. Marcel went to deal with his guys and I went home to deal with mine.

(Hayley's POV) 

Klaus brought Jules home who immediately ran to hug me, I kissed her cute little face and hugged her. He said, "Im glad my daughter is warming up to you." I smiled down at her and she said "Play with me?" I said, "Of course little one." I took her hand and we went upstairs to play in her room. About ten minutes later we heard someone yelling so I got up and grabbed an iron poker from the fireplace. Jules started to follow me so I grabbed her hand keeping her behind me. The front door opened as we were halfway down the staircase and in walked a blonde. I said "Who the hell are you?" she said "Oh, you must be the maid. My bags are in the car – get them, will you?" Jules giggled out "Bex!" she seemed to recognize the Bex person so I let her go and she ran to the blonde who snatched her up and showered her in kisses. I said "Hello. Not the maid."

The girl said "Right. You're that werewolf girl my brother, Klaus, knocked up. I was expecting to see some kind of supernatural, miracle baby bump. Guess you're not showing yet. It's Hayley, isn't it?" I said "You have your brother's manners." she said "And his temper, too, so watch it. Where's Elijah?" I said "Beats me. He's long gone." she said "What do you mean, "long gone"?" I said "Well, one minute he was here making epic promises about protecting me in this predicament that a bottle of scotch and some bad decisions got me into... he was all poetic about how we're family... and then Klaus told me he bailed. Guess that's what I get for trusting a vampire." she said "Elijah is not just any vampire, and he doesn't break promises. This means Niklaus has done something dastardly and Klaus-like. Klaus! Get out here and tell me what you've done with our brother, you narcissistic, back-stabbing wanker!" she had Jules on her hip as Klaus came in and said "Enough with all the shouting. Little sister, I should have known. I assume the six dead vampires were your doing?" she said "They were very rude. Trying to victimize a poor, innocent girl just trying to find her way to the Quarter. So sorry, were they friends of yours? Oh, that's right, you don't have any friends."Klaus said "I do have friends. I have Marcel. You remember him, don't you? Yes, of course, you do. He fancies himself the 'King of the Quarter' now, and he has these rules about killing vampires. It'll be fun to see what sort of punishment he comes up with for you." she said "I don't care about Marcel or his rules. Elijah doesn't welch on deals. What did you do to him?" he said "Perhaps he's on holiday... or taking a long autumn nap upstairs. Well, go on. Take a look around. You remember this house as well as I." she had gotten up to leave but turned back around and said "I remember everything. I remember how the drunken fool of a governor hid away all of our vampire sins in exchange for gold. I remember the lavish parties the governor threw as if to impress you. I remember finding a moment of affection with the governor's son, Emil. And I remember that even Elijah was happy."

Klaus said "Well, he wasn't good enough for you." she said "No one was ever good enough for me, Nik, you made sure of that. Now where is Elijah?" his phone buzzed and so he stood to move and she said "Where are you going?" he said "It appears the night is not quite over, yet. I'm off for another drink with Marcel. Between the two of you, do you think you ladies can care for Jules?" she said "Well we sure aren't gonna let you take her to a bar. Elijah told me about your plan to take apart Marcel's empire piece by piece. I don't remember it involving you two drinking New Orleans dry together." he said "I know you don't have many friends, Rebekah, but what some friends do when they get together is they drink. And when they drink, they tell secrets. Marcel has somehow found a way to control the entirety of witches in the Quarter, and I aim to uncover the 'how' so I might take it for myself. Finding Elijah didn't make my to-do list today. Oh, and welcome home, little sister."

Rebekah looked up at me sitting on the landing and said "You, wolf girl. I'm going to search this house inch by inch until I find what my evil brother has done to my good one. You're helping." We walked down a spiral staircase as she said "The governor had lots of secret rooms. I'll show you his favorite." we ended up in a cellar with a lot of coffins I said "You think Klaus killed him." she said "We can't be killed, silly girl. That doesn't stop Klaus from finding ways to torture us. He has a set of mystical silver daggers. One in the heart sends us into a deep slumber. Klaus gets his jollies from keeping us in a box until he decides to pull the dagger out. That must be what he's done to Elijah. This one's mine." I was appalled "He keeps your coffin on standby." she said "He likes to be prepared for when his family members inevitably disappoint him. Elijah's isn't here... he must've stashed him elsewhere."

I said "I feel sick, you all are raising a sweet little girl into this?." she said "Welcome to the family, love. You should've run the second you realized Elijah was gone. As for little Niks here, Elijah takes care of her more often than Nik or I do." I said "Yeah, well, the witches have put some sort of hex on me. As long as I'm carrying this baby, I can't leave New Orleans. If I do, they kill me." she said "Well, knowing Klaus, he's planning a box for you the second you give birth to whatever's cooking in your tum. I'm leaving as soon as I find Elijah. Being daggered in a box for decades sucks, trust me. You'd best find a way to break that hex and run." she handed me Jules and walked away.