New House

Jules was asleep in her car seat so I sat on the porch with her door open so I could watch her as she slept. Klaus came out and said, "You're coming with me, little wolf." I scoffed "Why would I go anywhere with you?" he said "Because, Hayley, that child you carry and that little girl you care so much about are the only things on this earth that matter to me. Now you can fight me on this, but you will lose. As will anyone else who tries to stop you from getting in this car." I sighed and got in the car, he closed my door, then closed Jules's door before driving off. At Marcel's Klaus set up a dinner table in the courtyard, the vampire army, including Marcel and his closest friends, were seated around the table, and Klaus and I were seated at each end, Jules was next to me. Klaus called for everyone's attention by tapping his glass with his fork he said "Let us begin with a toast to our shared gift: immortality. After a thousand years, one might expect life to be less keenly felt, for its beauties and its sorrows do diminish with time. But, as vampires, we feel more deeply than humans could possibly imagine. Insatiable need, exquisite pain... Our victories, and our defeats. To my city, my home again. May the blood never cease to flow..."

Marcel lifted his glass "...and the party never ends!" Diego raised his glass "To New Orleans." Klaus repeated "To New Orleans!" everyone said "New Orleans." and everyone took a sip of their blood. Klaus said "I understand that some of you may have questions regarding the recent change in leadership, and I invited you here tonight to assure you that you are not defeated. No, my intentions moving forward are to celebrate what we have. What Marcel took and built for this true community of vampires." Diego pointed at me and said "What about her? The wolf." Klaus said, "Had you'd let me finish, Diego, you would know that there is, of course, one further matter I would like to address." 

He walked over to me as he continued "As many of you know, the girl is carrying my child. Consequently, I trust you will all pay her the appropriate respect. However, I understand that some of you are concerned by this vicious rumor that I intend to use the blood of my children to create hybrids. I assure you I do not." I smirked "Father of the year." It seemed to frustrate him as he said "It appears I will have to earn your trust. Very well. We'll eliminate the root of your anxiety. You see, how can I sire any hybrids if there are no more werewolves alive in the Bayou to turn?" I said "What? Klaus, no!" he ignored me "So eat, drink, and be merry. And, tomorrow, I suggest you have yourselves a little wolf hunt. Go ahead, have fun. Kill them all!" I grabbed Jules's hand that wasn't holding bread and walked away with her following me. Marcel said, "I think you pissed her off." Klaus said, "She'll get over it." 

The next day I got Jules ready to go and picked her up, I snuck downstairs and was about to take off when Diego popped up "Going somewhere?" suddenly Elijah broke his neck by throwing him into the wall I said "Elijah, you shouldn't be here. Klaus has his guys watching me." he shrugged "I wouldn't worry about them." Rebekah came along and kicked down two other vampires who were hiding. Elijah said "Come, we mustn't linger. We'll get you two someplace safe." I said "No, you don't have to worry about me. I'm fine. I've been deemed under protection by the almighty Klaus. It's the werewolves who need help. He ordered a wolf hunt as some jacked-up peace offering to Marcel's crew. You have to help them." Rebekah said "Out in the Bayou? Do we look like a bloody vampire-rescue-squad? I think you should be grateful we came to save you!"

I said "Listen. Rebekah. All my life, I've wanted to know who my real family was, and just as I find out that they're out there in the Bayou, Klaus orders them killed. You wanna help me? Help my people. Please." they agreed and left, Klaus was talking with a whole bunch of vampires so I snuck into Davina's room and said, "I'm sure if you could actually stop Klaus, you would've done it already." Davina said "You're Hayley. Klaus' wife. And this must be Jules, yours and his daughter." I said "Ew, no! Never. I'm the pregnant werewolf. And you must be an all-powerful super witch, Davina? And let's not forget Josh, newbie vampire way out of his element, voted Most Likely to Die Next." Josh said "Fantastic." I said "Hey, I'm just another one of Klaus' prisoners. Of course, it would suck if he found out you're still lurking around. Maybe there's a world where we can all look out for each other?" 

Jules said "I want daddy." and pouted I sighed "Alright baby, let's go get him." I took her hand and brought her to the living room where she called out "Daddy!" and ran to him, he put his book down and picked her up "Hey Princess." I said "Those werewolves you ordered killed, that's my family." he said "Not for long, love. I mean, this so-called family of yours, they haven't done you much good, have they? You said it yourself they abandoned you and left you on your own. Now it's simply your turn to do the same." I said "Maybe they had their reasons." he stood up and said "Yes, well, I have a reason too, little wolf. If the werewolves are dead, then the vampires have less desire to kill you. I am trying to keep you safe. Not that you appreciate the effort." I said "And as soon as I have this baby, what happens to me then? You gonna kill me like you did Aleah?" he said nothing but looked guilty and awkward, I said "Right... Well, lucky for me, I have a little while before I find out. And, in the meantime, I will find a way to pay you back for this. As long as I'm in the family, you can't do a damn thing about it."

I took Jules from him and walked away, she looked at him over my shoulder and said "Bye bye daddy." I went into Davina's room as she was searching boxes, I said "What are you looking for?" Davina said "My violin. It must be left in the attic." I said "So, just go get it." she said "I can't. It's not safe for me out there." I said "Funny, I was under the impression everyone was afraid of you." she said, "The witches are after me." I said "You mean that crazy witch, Agnes? Yeah, she tried to kill me, too. The thing is, she's dead. Elijah killed her." she said "But.. Agnes was the last living Elder. If she's dead, then I'm safe. Marcel would've told me." I said "Maybe he didn't wanna lose his secret weapon against the witches?" she was suspicious "You're lying." I said "Why would I lie to you?" she said "Because you want something from me. Everyone does." 

I said "Do I want something from you? Yeah, Davina, actually, I do. Thanks to your friend Marcel, most of my family is cursed. They're stuck in their wolf form, except on a full moon. Now, I'm smart enough to know that every curse has a loophole. And, well, you're the strongest witch I've ever heard of. But I wouldn't lie to you to get what I want. I'd ask you. I guess that's the difference between Marcel and me." I went to my room and sat on my bed with Jules, she cuddled up to me and said "Book?" I smiled down at her and grabbed a book that I read to her until she fell asleep. I laid my hand on my stomach and whispered "I can't wait until you come out Baby girl, then me, you, and sissy will have tons of cuddles and playtime." 

I gently moved her so she was laying on the bed rather than on me and headed out to the balcony, I leaned against the railing. How am I supposed to raise these two innocent girls to be the exact opposite of their father? Elijah appeared next to me so I said "Are they..?" he said
"They're safe. All of them." I hugged him tightly "Thank you. What you did, Elijah means a lot." Elijah tugged my sweater up to cover my shoulder as he said "You should keep this covered up. Also, I figured out how Eve knows so much about that pack." I said "How?" he said, "Aleah's grandmother is in the Bayou, she has the same mark as Jules does." I said "That makes sense I guess. And I will keep both of our marks covered." he said, "If any of the others saw this..." I said "I promise." he said, "I should go." We were standing really close and I really wanted to kiss him but he backed away so I said "Right." and he vanished. So I went to lay with the baby and get some sleep.

I was standing in front of the mirror trying on a vintage wedding dress I found in the casket girl stuff when Elijah came in. He said, "Would you like some help?" I smiled "You might need to use all your vampire strength." he said "Allow me." before standing behind me and fastening the zipper and buttons. I said "Thanks. Not too many pregnant Casket Girls, I guess." Jules walked in and gasped "Pretty!" and ran to me, I picked her up and said "Thank you baby girl." he said "She is right, I think you look lovely. Only I would..." he touched the crescent moon and I covered it with my hand "I know, keep the freaky werewolf birthmark covered." he said "Well, I don't suspect any of the riff-raff here would dare lay a hand on you, knowing you're under the protection of my family. Still, you shouldn't take any chances." 

I looked in the mirror at myself holding a beautiful little girl with Elijah right behind me, I wish the three of us were a family. A mother, father, and daughter made me sigh I said "All knocked up and nowhere to go." Elijah said "You know... if you wanted the attend the festivities tonight, I would be more than willing to take you." as much as I wanted to I said "Hmm... you and Klaus are barely on speaking terms. Let's not rock the boat, okay?" he said "Of course." he turned to leave but I said "Elijah, do you mind?" he walked over and undid the dress before taking off, I put her down and said "Go play while I change please." she said "I love you." before running from the room, I smiled as she left "I love you too my sweet little girl." I changed from the dress into normal clothes.