Celeste

Elijah returned to the compound pissed off "MARCEL! Where is my brother?" he said "I got guys out looking for him right now." Elijah started to throw vampires against the wall I said "Elijah! Go in the playroom sweetie." I ushered her into the room and closed the door as Marcel said "Klaus threw one of his classic temper tantrums, snapped my neck, tried to take on a coven of witches by himself. He got dropped. I don't know where he is or how to find him." Elijah said "They also have Rebekah. Every one of you will help me to find them. I'm gonna kill them all." They all scattered and I said "Elijah you need to watch how you act, there is a little girl in this house." and I stormed into the playroom to watch her.

After I put her down for a nap, Elijah called out "Hayley!" he must have just gotten back so I went into the study and said "Elijah! You're back. Did you find anything? What is happening?" he was shirtless and covered in tattooed names. He said, "I need you to make a list of these names." I looked at the names and said "Sabine? Elijah, what is this?" he said, "I believe they represent the names of the women Celeste inhabited for the past two centuries." Marcel came in and handed me a pen and paper, and said "It's called a Devinette. It's old school. Kind of a riddle. Witches use them to teach their kids. Solve it, and it disappears." I said "Why? What's the point?" he said "Celeste forced me to make a choice between yourself and my siblings, and now she means to mock that choice, taunting me with a childish game. The longer the game, the more they suffer. To find Klaus and Rebekah, we need to solve this riddle. The solution lies somewhere in these names." And he and Marcel left.

Elijah called a little bit later and Marcel said "The name next to Sabine... Annie La Fleur, she's the witch that was shunned from her coven just over a year ago. Never knew why, but I can find out." I said, "She killed herself?" Elijah said "Yes, drowned herself in the Mississippi, to be precise. Celeste was clearly tired of the body and ready to take Sabine's." I said, "How do you know that?" Elijah said, "Because she leaped to her death from the very location Celeste and I had our first kiss." I said "Poetic, I guess... in a creepy-vendetta sort of way." he said "All these names, these lives, stolen that Celeste might take her revenge. I suppose we have no choice but to see where they take us. Hayley, I have to go. I'll call you back." I said "Elijah, wait!" he said, "What is it?"

I said "Ask Marcel if he knows anything about a name on that list-- Brynne Deveraux. Sophie said that it was her family's bloodline that put the curse on the Crescent wolves, but Celeste said that she was the only one that could break it. If Brynne Deveraux was actually Celeste when she cast the spell, then maybe Celeste can still break it." he said, "I'll see what he knows." I said "Elijah, I'm really sorry that you're going through this. If I had known that Celeste made you choose who to help..." he said "You were going to die in that fire Hayley along with my brother's children. There was no choice." and he hung up. By the time Elijah got home Jules had dinner and was playing on the floor in the study while I was doing research.

I said "Hey, look, I found..." he held up a hand to stop me and said, "You were right about the Deveraux witch." Marcel walked in "Find anything about Clara, the mysterious witch?" I sighed "Not much. She was a nurse at the Fleur-de-Lis Sanitarium." Marcel froze so I said "Recognize her? Top row, second from the right." Elijah said "No, I don't. Marcel? Marcel? Do I need to remind you that Niklaus and Rebekah are somewhere suffering horribly? If you know something, talk." Marcel said "The Sanitarium. That's where you'll find them." I said "Are you sure? How do you know?" Marcel said, "I just know." Elijah said, "How do you know?" Marcel said "If I'm right, you need to know exactly what we're walking into. We did something, Rebekah and I... I think the witches are trying to use it against her. It was, uh... something that you're not gonna like. Rebekah and I brought Mikael to New Orleans."

Elijah said "For the better part of a century, I have wondered how Father found us, what foolish mistake that we had made to destroy our time in the one place that we could finally call home. Did you know, I even blamed myself for a time, Marcellus?" I said "Elijah..." but he ignored me "Niklaus treated you like a son."Marcel said "Rebekah. I loved her. I still love her. All we ever wanted was to be together, but as long as Klaus was around, that was never gonna happen. But hey, I guess you wouldn't know anything about that, huh?" Elijah said "When Klaus learns the truth, there will be no end to his rage. I will not let my sister suffer that wrath." Marcel said "Then we need to get to them before he learns the truth." and they left. 

I dropped Jules off with Eve before heading to the sanitarium, I saw Celeste so I hit her over the head with a shovel and took her to the bayou. I tied her hands in front of her and leaned her against a tree. Eve gave me a rifle and I said "Uh where is Jules?" Eve said "Oh she's over there." and pointed to the hoard of wolves, they parted and Jackson backed up to show her all bundled up and sleeping in the middle of the wolves. Jackson went back to standing over her and they forged their circle around her again. I said, "Well we can safely say no one can get to her." Eve said, "Oh yeah that little girl has the whole pack wrapped around her little finger." Celeste woke up interrupting our conversation as she groaned "Uhh!" I said "Hey, there, witch bitch. You and I are gonna have a little chat."

Celeste said "So what's this, payback? Look. I'm sorry I tricked you. I wasn't after you." Eve said "What, and we were just collateral damage? You almost burned her and Jackson alive in that plantation fire. You almost burned a 3-year-old little girl alive!" Celeste struggled against the ropes so I fired a warning shot. "Careful, Sabine, or Celeste, or whatever you like to call yourself. Sudden moves make me jumpy. And homicidal." she said "What, you're gonna kill me, honey?" the wolves growled as I said "No. I know better. See, I know all about you. I know that you like to off yourself and then jump into other people's bodies. Well, that's not gonna happen here. I know I can't kill you, but try hexing me, and my friend Eve here will kneecap you. Go for her, and then, well, I'll really make it hurt."

She said, "So, what do you want?" I said "Back in the 90s, you inhabited a witch named Brynne Deveraux, remember? Marcel had her... you... put a curse on a lot of werewolves so they'd only turn human on a full moon." she said "I see. Yes. That was me. Let me guess. You want revenge." I said "I want you to undo the curse." she smiled smugly but still managed to mix herbs together into a mason jar then said "Here. It's herbs ground into a paste. It'll act as a conduit for the spell. On the next full moon, your people become human. Feed it to them, the curse will be broken." I took the jar and said "Great way to poison us all at once." she said "Look. I know you have no reason to trust me, but, Hayley, I actually like you. I was you, caring for Elijah when he cared more for his brother, and I ended up dead. So did a lot of others. This, call it a chance for me to give you what I was too in love to give myself. It's a chance to free yourself from the Originals."

Eve said "You believe her?" a wolf growled and Elijah said, "Whatever she's promised you, it's a lie." I said "Elijah, it's okay. I'm okay." he said, "She cannot be trusted." I said "She's the only one that can help my pack." he said, "Do you have any idea what she has done to our family?" I said "I know you want revenge, and come to the next full moon when I'm sure her cure works, she's all yours." he said "Are you suggesting that we hold her... her... captive for an entire month? It would take an army." I said "And I've got one. So help me or get out of my way." Elijah vamped away with Celeste making me sigh and sit on a log. Eve took the wolves to the encampments while Jackson laid next to Jules who rolled into him and fisted her hands into his fur. I smiled at them and said, "Your really cute with her, in human form and wolf form." He huffed and laid his big ole head on her stomach closing his eyes.

Elijah and Celeste returned to the Bayou, I said "You came back." he said "I'll always come back. Take it. It will work." I took the jar from him and said "Eve and I will round up as many of our people as we can. Come full moon, I can finally free my family." I hugged him and he kissed my head before saying "Hayley, I wonder if they have any idea how lucky they are to have you." I smiled and walked back to Jackson, I grabbed Jules and walked back to the encampment with him, leaving Elijah. While I was sitting by the bonfire, Eve had taken Jules inside to sleep. Rebekah sat next to me I said "Rebekah, what are you doing here?" she said "I came to say goodbye. Where's my niece?" I said "Inside, What happened to us girls sticking together?" she said "Well, Nik and I came to a sort of all-or-nothing arrangement. I leave town for good, and he allows me to. Can't pass that up." I laughed sadly "A thousand years with Klaus? I guess you deserve a few vacation days."

She said "Listen. About Nik, he is a monster. Do not ever cross him. But, he does want more from life than just being feared. He's too broken to find it himself, but I do believe there is hope for him in the baby that you carry. And speaking of your child-- our family has no shortage of enemies. She, just as Niks did the day she was born, will inherit all of them. Please, be careful." I said "You know, you can always come back and visit. I've been known to keep a secret or two from Klaus. she said "Well, if I can't, you make sure to tell those little girls stories of their crazy Auntie Bex. And let them know, despite my absence, I do love them very much. Because let's face it, You will be the one raising Niks, since Nik will never." she walked away.