Day Twenty Three - The Last Person I Kissed

Dear Sam,

These are all the things that I never got to say to you because I am too afraid to. I hope you never see this letter.

But before I begin, I know you don't give a crap about what I say to you, but I do have a few things to say.

Even though I didn't always and don't presently have a crush on you, you will always, always have a special place in my heart. To me, you were that guy. I could talk to you about anything. When I was sad, you always had a joke and a comforting heart to help me feel better. I knew I was always safe when you were around.

But then it all changed.

I'm not sure exactly how it happened, but there was suddenly a huge tension between us. I felt like I could no longer talk to you, even though I desperately wanted to.

You began to hate me.

I don't know why, but I want to know why. So, Sam, what made you hate me so much? Was I too annoying? Was I too loud? Or was I too much of a slut?...as you would call me. I'm not sure, and I am positive that I never will be sure.

So, I realized that the guy I had liked for so long; the guy I had my first, and for now, my only kiss with; the guy who will always have a place in my heart; he hates me. He...hates...me. And I don't even know why.

That fact that you hate me is what breaks my heart the most.

I don't want you to hate me. You are a great guy who is capable of great things. You are a great athlete, strong in your faith, and a role model. I know for a fact that you will make a great father and a loving husband someday. But, I know I will never be that girl. And I am okay with that. I have finally accepted that fact.

"I definitely have strong feelings for you. I just haven't decided if they're positive or negative yet." (Annabeth Chase)

Love,

Just another girl...