Chapter 37: We Have History

"WHERE IS HE?!" Shouted the Director as he slammed his fist onto the desk and shouted into the phone he held up to his ear. His pale face was red now and the hair that was brushed back, dropped a few strands over his forehead. The Director hissed and breathed heavily as the worker on the other side of the call went silent for a moment before stuttering.

     "I-I'm not sure! He was supposed to be here for the interview but he's one hour late! We didn't lose him sir, we promise! The angel has been missing since the morning!"

    "So he's been missing and none of you wanted to let the people running the interview know that? They're calling me like crazy to ask where he is and I don't even know!"

     "Sir, we are trying our best to find him, contact him, and everything! He doesn't seem to be at his penthouse at all. Jimin must have stepped out..."

      "Look for that boy or it's your head that will go missing next!" Director Sung mentioned before hanging up and dropping onto the leather cushioned seat and letting out an exhale before he fixed his hair and brushed it back. All morning, he has been calling Jimin over and over again and texting him, but he received no answer. Ever since he received word from the company of Jimin's absence, he hasn't been at ease since.

      "Where is he..." he asked himself in a calmer whisper, almost sounding closer to a worried tone before covering his face and letting out a sigh. "If he's not at home, where could he be? Where is he...? I kept calling and calling but no answer at all, he couldn't have run away... right? Oh, don't tell me he ran away... please don't, I'm so worried I-'' instantly, there was a knock at the door and he quickly sat up and kept a blank stare before folding his hands over the desk. In seconds, the doors pried open and in walked the manager Namjoon himself.

      Namjoon adjusted the long beige coat over his body and walked in until he stopped and bowed to his boss. No words were exchanged as the Director only looked at the chair. Signaling him to sit right in front of him to talk.

       "Namjoon..."

       "Director Sung..." Namjoon replied and sat down at the chair before watching the older man sit up and fold his arms. "I know what you're going to ask me..."

      "Then, answer it."

      "I don't know. You would think I know where he is, but I don't! Even if I'm his friend too, he doesn't trust me enough to tell me things! That boy lacks trust in anyone..." Namjoon added into the conversation and looked his boss in the eyes. "I've called him and texted him, no answer. I would expect him to reach out to me but he did not! So, if you're trying to question me by telling you where he is, you're wasting your time. I'm just as confused as you."

     "No, No... I'm not going to sit here and ask you that. Rather, I'm going to ask you again if you've ever seen Jimin... close to anyone outside of this entertainment. Friends, partners...photographers..." He mentioned and right at the sound of his final word. Namjoon's facial expression changed slightly, but he played it off well. Or so he thought.

     "Not that I know of. Again, you would think he would tell me these things, but he wouldn't. Jimin's trust in me is nonexistent. Just like his trust for anyone in this world. That boy is sensitive, afraid and careful with his life. For him to leave without a trace last night, is something he would take to the grave before telling any of us."

      "To leave... I saw the security footage of him leaving the lobby last night. He carried a little backpack and wore a disguise. I could assume he went to spend the night at someone's place... someone very special to him."

      "How... would you know that? He could be homesick and went to be with his family. You know how overwhelmed he could get. Jimin will come back eventually."