Chapter 8: An Unexpected Call

By the very next day, Jungkook slept through his alarm. He recalled waking up around three in the morning with a hangover and only washed away the drunk memories before throwing himself onto the bed and falling asleep once more. Not realizing that he had to be at work once again. The young man finally woke up around twelve in the afternoon. Not realizing he was now three hours late and left Yoongi and Taehyung alone at the studio.

      "Fuck..." Jungkook hissed and quickly sat up before he checked his phone to see that Yoongi called him three times and as for Taehyung, he called the boy twenty times within the three hours he was sleeping. No surprise there. "I hope there wasn't a morning appointment I- well... there's never a lot of appointments in a day for us anyways!" Jungkook hissed under his breath before getting up and stretching. Just then, he unlocked his phone and was face to face with the many pictures of Jimin once more.

      There was a slight memory Jungkook wanted to remember, but he just couldn't. He noted Jimin's photos being the last thing he accessed through his phone just yesterday and taken by the fact that there were bottles of soju on top of the dresser, Jungkook just connected the dots of his lonely and horny actions from a drunk night and slammed the palm of his hand over his face once again. Knowing himself well enough to tell what kind of night he had.

      "It's whatever now... he's out of my life so it doesn't matter!" Jungkook thought before walking into the bathroom to prepare himself for the day. Jungkook had no other choice but to believe that he wouldn't face Jimin in the future. That they no longer had any business to see each other soon, so he had to throw the idea of seeing the angel face to face, away completely. This was reality for him and in no way did he think Jimin would ever return just to see a normal guy like him. But oh, was he wrong.

       Jungkook eventually reached the studio as fast as he could. Throwing on a blue and white striped dress shirt with the few buttons of the top undone. With the hems of the dress shirt being tucked into his blue denim jeans, he sealed the look with just his white puma shoes.

     Once the boy stepped out of the car, he rushed to the studio and stepped inside. Figuring out that Yoongi was left to open the studio on his own but luckily, he opened it on time for his boss. At times like these, Jungkook was grateful for the fact that Yoongi kept a spare key after all this time.

     "Well someone had a great night after all!" Yoongi teased and stood up from the desk to look at the younger.

     "Yoongi, I'm so sorry, I-"

      "It's okay! There weren't any appointments for the morning. But someone did stop by..." Yoongi mentioned and turned towards a huge bouquet of roses just sitting on the front desk; perfectly wrapped along the stems with a beige wrapper and a thick, red, ribbon tying the bundle together. "This is for you,"

      "Oh! Was it my mother?" Jungkook asked before he stepped up to the desk and picked up the bouquet of roses.

       "Ha, good one... but no, look at the card," Yoongi continued on as Jungkook smelled the fragrant roses and looked at the many red rose petals arranged so perfectly.

       "A bundle so vibrant and perfectly arranged like this seems so expensive..." Jungkook thought before he found a small, golden, card sitting on the roses. "Hm..." Jungkook then set the bouquet down and picked up the card. Within seconds of reading the first words, his face grew red.

Jeon Jungkook,

       Thank you for a successful photoshoot! I enjoyed it very much and was sad that it had to end the very same day it started... You are very talented and I hope you benefit from the exposure greatly. Here's a token of my gratitude from me to you. Good luck on everything, I'll be rooting for you!