19. Thankful

The rest of the day we were sitting on my couch, witch led to spooning at the end of the day. We went through all our snacks and watched about 4 Disney movies.

I gazed at the clock on my oven. 8.43 P.M. The day went by really fast.

I grabbed my phone off the ground and turned it on. A message from Harrison.

Hey, I saw the news. U okay?

I smiled. Haz is so sweet, I like having such a good friend around.

"What's up?" Tom turned his face to me. "Just Haz texting me asking if I'm okay. He saw the news." I replied. "That's kind of him."

"Right? I'm really relieved to have friends around here. I never thought I would make any so soon." I opened the message, ready to type something.

Tom coughed. I looked at him.

"What?"

"Nothing. Just, you have me you know." Tom pouted. I turned my body towards his. "Tom, I really, really like you. Don't you ever doubt that okay?" I kissed him on the cheek. "I just like having friends around, too. But, I like you more than all my friends. Promise." I took his hand.

"Okay, sweetheart." Tom cupped my cheek with his left hand and pulled me closer to him to give me a short but tender kiss on my lips.

Tom really liked that you were making friends. It seemed that you really found your place here in London. Hoping you don't have to go back to Los Angeles any time soon.

"April?" Tom caressed my cheek. "Yes Tommy?"

"When do you have to go back home?" He bit his nails.

"I am home, Tom." I smiled.

"Yeah, but I mean, you know. Los Angeles." He stared at the screen of the big plasma tv.

"I don't. My new life is here. I just have to go back for the holidays. But after that I will come back here. So I'm only away for two weeks." I comforted him.

Tom let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. A relief released from his chest. You really were staying here, for a long time.

"Good. Good." Tom smiled, focusing on me again.

The credits of Finding Nemo showed on the screen so I took the remote and turned off the tv. I yawned.

"You want me to go home? You seem tired." Tom got up from the couch.

"Nooo, please Tommy, stay with me." I pointed my arms at him like a little kid. Wanting him to get back on the couch, in my arms. And so he did, gladly.

"What do you want to do? Watch another movie?" Tom intertwined his fingers with mine. Caressing my hand with his thumb. It was something he did a lot, and I liked it. It just showed affection in the smallest way, but it meant a lot to me.

"Let's get some ice cream!" I smiled at him. "Sure, darling. That sounds great." Tom squeezed my hand and got up from the couch, handing me his hand. I pulled myself up and grabbed my phone. Quickly texting back to Haz.

Everything's perfectly fine, thanks. Lunch tomorrow?

I followed Tom to my hallway and put on my coat. I looked out the window and it wasn't raining so hard anymore. Just a little sprinkling. This time I grabbed my purple umbrella and we went outside.

As we stood on my steps I opened the umbrella and held it over our heads. Tom snatched the umbrella out of my hands and I gasped dramatically. "Hey!"

"I'm your boyfriend, April. Let me take care of you." Tom replied and he took my hand with his spare hand. He's such a cutie.

It had stopped raining as we arrived at a small but cute ice cream stand.

"Let me guess. Cookie dough." Tom chuckled as he closed the umbrella.

"No, I want another flavor." I took the umbrella from Tom. He gasped.

"Now I'm going to be the caring girlfriend, Holland." I stuck out my tongue. "What flavor would you wish for, my dear?" I giggled as I took my wallet from my back pocket.

"Cookie dough, please." Tom tried to steal the umbrella out of my hands but I was quicker and I hit him lightly with it. "How original." I teased.

"Hi, good evening. Two cones, one with cookie dough and one with Stracciatella, please. I smiled at the kind girl behind the register.

"Coming right up!"

Tom and I walked through the beautiful lit streets with the cones in our hands. Our spare hands were holding one another. Christmas was in three weeks so the streets were already filled with pretty Christmas lights and other decorations. They really went full out, a lot more than I was used to back in Los Angeles.

I looked at Tom. The lights were shining on his flawless skin. The summer freckles were slowly fading away but they were still visible, giving him a cute look. His brown curls fell perfectly on his head, as usual. That one single curl falling on his forehead. He hated it, but I thought it was one of his most handsome details.

"What?" Tom interrupted my thoughts. "Nothing." I smiled back.

"No, I saw you thinking. You can tell me, darling." He squeezed my hand. I giggled.

"Well, if you must want to know. I was thinking about how freaking perfect you are. Literally everything about you. I'm just so thankful for you." I looked up into his loving eyes. They were sparkling.

"I'm thankful for you too, April." Tom replied. His face heated up as he heard those words from your mouth. He never thought he would meet someone who would become this special to him so fast. You weren't only very special to him, he loved you. But he didn't want to mess up the thing you had going on by saying those words too soon.

Little did he know you felt the exact same way.