18. Pouring rain

I let go of Tom. My cheeks were extremely heated from the excitement. Tom just asked me to be his girlfriend. I couldn't be happier. "So, girlfriend. What do you want to do for the rest of the day?" Tom smiled at me.

I looked outside. The rain flushed against the windows. "We could just spend the day in my apartment and watch movies. Unless you want to stand in the rain outside." I responded. Tom gave me a kiss on my cheek and walked towards my kitchen.

"Do you have any snacks like popcorn or something?" He leaned on the counter with his hands under his chin. "Crap, no I'm sorry. I only have crackers and a carrot." I chuckled. Feeling stupid like I didn't take care of myself. Tom laughed. 

"Grab your coat. We're going shopping!"

"But it's raining outside!" I scooted into the hallway, grabbing my coat.

"So? We're not made out of sugar, are we?" Tom opened the door for me.

We walked into a 7/11, already pretty soaked from the rain, as we forgot to bring an umbrella. But nothing of that really mattered, I was just really happy right now.

"Toss everything in the cart, my treat darling." Tom grabbed a shopping cart and pushed it into the store.

A few minutes later the cart was pretty filled up and we walked to the register. "Will that be all, sir?" The nice cashier asked. "Yes, thank you." Tom responded.

"Shit!" I exclaimed as we ran through the streets as fast as we could. The rain was soaking our clothes and groceries.

Suddenly Tom grabbed my hand and I stopped running. "What are you doing? We have to get home, it's pouring rain!" I chuckled.

"We're already soaked, darling." Tom responded. He took my other hand and pulled me closer to him. We were so close our noses touched. Rain poured down our faces. We were soaked to the bone. In this moment, all that didn't even slightly matter. Tom cupped my face in his strong hands. He caressed my cheek with his thumb. Even though I was almost numb from the cold water streaming down my body, my face was heated. As was my chest, my heart beating like a hammer. Tom pulled me closer to him, as if that was even possible. I dropped the bag of groceries on the ground and put my arms around his neck. We both leaned in and kissed each other like it was the first time all over again. Butterflies exploded in my stomach, my face turned red and a smile grew on my face.

Tom felt the same way. But he wasn't nervous at all. It was like this was supposed to be happening. He felt like the pieces of his puzzle finally fit. Everything was perfect.

"Hmm." I hummed and let a soft smile slip off my lips. Tom grabbed my hands. "I've waited so long to do that."

"Maybe you should do it again. You know, get used to the feeling." I smirked.

"You're full of good ideas." He chuckled and kissed me again. This time a little more passionate. The rain was now turning into a romantic aspect. As if we were in a romantic movie; kissing in the rain. After seconds that felt like hours, I pulled away and picked up the drenched groceries from the ground.

"Let's go home." I grabbed Toms hand and leaded him to my apartment.

"Would you mind if I took a shower? I'm freezing." Tom asked. "Sure, I'll grab some sweats so you can change into some dry clothes." I walked towards my bedroom.

"Sweetheart, I don't think I'll fit into your sweats." Tom laughed. "No, silly. I have a few clothes of my brother that I accidentally packed in my suitcase when I moved here. You'll fit them just fine." I chuckled.

I just changed my soaked clothes for my baby blue sweatpants and a white oversized hoodie. I dropped myself on my couch and opened Instagram. When I went to the exploring page I gulped. The picture of me and Tom kissing was all over the internet. I scrolled trough the comments. Mostly sweet comments, shipping and congratulating us but some of them were pretty rude.

What is he doing with that girl. She uses him for money and fame.

Ew, she's so ugly. Girls, our beautiful boy has been taken by some ugly bitch.

I closed my the app and threw my phone away. It accidentally fell on the ground. Great.

My grumpy mood instantly faded when Tom walked out of the bathroom. Only wearing a towel wrapped carefully low around his waist. Steam coming off his bare chest. I stared at his abs.

"Hey, my eyes are up here!" Tom chuckled. I blushed. "No need to blush, it's not weird anymore now you're my girlfriend."

"Anymore?" I frowned. "Yeah, I caught you staring at me quite a lot." He grinned.

"Oh.." I walked up to him. "Have you seen yourself? How could I not stare." I chuckled. Running my hand through his wet curls. He used my shampoo so he smelt like daisies.

"Have you already picked a movie?" Tom asked. "No, I was about to but..."

"But what?"

"Nothing." I quickly sat down on the couch, turning on my tv.

"April, you can tell me everything. Good or bad. Everything." He sat down next to me. The damp towel wetting my couch, but I didn't care.

"Just a few mean comments on Instagram. About the two of us." I looked down.

"I'm so sorry. I don't want to drag you into this whole paparazzi thing." Tom put his hand on my knee. "It's not your fault. I just have to get used to it." I put my hand on his. Our fingers intertwined and we sat in silence for a few minutes.

"Okay, you are going to pick a movie and I'm going to get dressed." Tom jumped up from the couch. His towel dangerously low. I chuckled.

"Sounds like a plan."